1883 on Paramount +

I was more disappointed with the deaths of the most interesting characters when I thought there would be a full second season. But now that I know there won't be one, I'm more disappointed in Taylor Sheridan for being so cagey about this just being a limited series. In that context, the highlighting of the tragedies (all the folks who died on the wagon train), of the hopes that continually get dashed (Elsa's head-fake recoveries), the feelings of loneliness and being worn out (Shea), etc., from a story telling perspective, makes more sense.

I have no issue with Shea's fate. I think it was pretty obvious all along how he would end up.

Overall a really good show to me. Hopefully a little more still to come.

Now that's the best western TV hard R rated show I seen in a long time.

Great acting, great visual all that good stuffs western TV are ment to be shown that way.

Now I am wondering how many show are made in season 1 yet to been shown yet?:cool::hungry:hatsoff
As the season winds down, I never thought a show could beat Yellowstone, but this is the greatest serial I've ever seen. It tugs at your emotions and the writing is top notch. Especially the diary narration.

_____

So I wrote this before watching the finale and not reading a single post before mine. And I knew it was the probable end for Elsa, but that character brought me to tears 3 times in the series - and then I saw it was a one and done. Breaks my heart to not have a look at the planting of the ranch from the start.

Anyway, the real weight of the finale was Elsa facing death - something I've been terrified of even considering for as long as I can remember and her final scenes brought me face to face with the fact that I am mortal, and will die and am afraid. If that was the effect, it worked in my case because I am shaken by this realization.

And that is why this is the best show I've ever seen.

Last edited:
Reactions: Zookster

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts