1987 home const.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

excableguy

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Oct 14, 2006
Considering move from dish to directtv, wondering if I'll have any problems using cabe runs that were installed when house was built in 1987.
thoughts?

Is the cable RG6 or RG59? It will need to be RG6. Also I am not sure but I think that DirecTV requires sold copper wire.

not sure...

didn't look to see inside walls for coaxal type. Works fine w/dish, though.

Do installers provide new runs, if needed? Installed in up to 4 rooms the ads say.

Asked this question elsewhere, also:

Anybody know how long the carriage contract is with MSG/Directtv?

didn't look to see inside walls for coaxal type. Works fine w/dish, though.

Do installers provide new runs, if needed? Installed in up to 4 rooms the ads say.

Asked this question elsewhere, also:

Anybody know how long the carriage contract is with MSG/Directtv?
Contract is 24 months, external replacement wiring will be first choice.

I think the op wants to know how long MSG and Directv have a contract. I don't know, but I wouldn't worry about it. Directv very rarely removes channels due to contract issues.

Also I am not sure but I think that DirecTV requires sold copper wire.

Mine was installed with CCS and has no issues.

I think the op wants to know how long MSG and Directv have a contract. I don't know, but I wouldn't worry about it. Directv very rarely removes channels due to contract issues.

Their latest contract was signed in Dec 2009, so if I had to guess it's either 5 or 10 years from then.

Appreciate......

all the info, I'll talk to direct folks about wiring (external wiring not an option),

my MSG (buffalo sabres) situation is important as the wiring is, due to what Dish

did to us fans this year!

I'm in the same boat with you.. I'm a displaced Devils fan and told Dish where to shove it two weeks after my install over MSG.. I had satellite installed specifically to get Center Ice, and 8 games into the season I didn't get a single home feed, and only one game was in HD. I didn't pay $160 to watch opponent feeds in SD. I switched to DirecTV and have been happy ever since. I got all home feeds and the only SD games I had to suffer through were the ones on MSG+2 (which were in SD on Cablevision in NJ too, so I expected it). Given the recent contract, I'm not worried in the least about DirecTV losing MSG. And from what I hear, when they DO lose channels over disputes, DirecTV compensates customers for their loss (if they complain) with freebies.

Is the cable run on the outside of the house then through a hole straight into the rooms? If so, why not just take it off and have D* install all new runs using new cable? That way you know you are getting the proper type of cable.

If the cable enters in one part of the house and comes out into the room through a wall in an entire different location, then it use it. Fishing new cable can be expensive.

I highly doubt thats how the cable was run when the house was under construction... And if it was, I doubt the OP would've made this thread..

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Considering switch from Dish Net

Anyone have a 31.2 ota channel in their Directv guide?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)