satjay

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Jun 30, 2005
Michigan
Let the speculation begin :)

http://dish.client.shareholder.com/releasedetail.cfm?ReleaseID=842228

ENGLEWOOD, Colo.--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- DISH Network Corporation (NASDAQ: DISH) will host a conference call at noon Eastern time on Thursday, May 8, 2014 to discuss its first quarter financial results. The dial-in numbers are (800) 616-6729 (U.S.) and (763) 488-9145, conference ID number 22704025.

Following the call, a replay will be available on DISH's Investor Relations website at 4 p.m. ET.

DISH will distribute a financial results news release prior to the call. It will be posted to the Investor Relations website at

ENGLEWOOD, Colo.--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- DISH Network Corporation (NASDAQ: DISH) will host a conference call at noon Eastern time on Thursday, May 8, 2014 to discuss its first quarter financial results. The dial-in numbers are (800) 616-6729 (U.S.) and (763) 488-9145, conference ID number 22704025.

interesting at the bolded
Its a Minneapolis, MN number

Considering that growth for the first quarter of this years fiscal period for the country was down, due to extreme cold weather, I am betting that the numbers won't be that good. Maybe even lose some subs . Unless people trapped in their homes all decided to order satellite tv. But will have to wait till tomorrow to be sure.

"DISH activated approximately 639,000 gross new pay-TV subscribers compared to approximately 654,000 gross new pay-TV subscribers in the prior year's first quarter. Net subscribers grew by approximately 40,000 in the first quarter. The company closed the first quarter with 14.097 million pay-TV subscribers compared to 14.092 million pay-TV subscribers at the end of first quarter 2013."

http://dish.client.shareholder.com/releasedetail.cfm?ReleaseID=846394

I think they are doing well considering the mature market and intense competition.
Their satellite broadband is probably adding a good number of "sticky" customers in an area the cable/DSL guys can't service.

I think they are doing well considering the mature market and intense competition.
Their satellite broadband is probably adding a good number of "sticky" customers in an area the cable/DSL guys can't service.

I agree. Considering all the quarters in the past where they lost and just stayed even , this is good news. But I sure wish they could break that 15 million mark . DISH has hovered at just under 14 million subs for years now and they have finally started surpassing that number and even adding small groups of subs each quarter now. But the cable /sat market is mature and some say satellite is even in decline. I often wonder what the net neutrality outcome will do in regard to pay tv. Right now it looked like more subs would move to internet tv,but if they do away with net neutrality , I can see this avenue closing up quickly.

Agree with all. Would have liked a little more growth and be headed around the 15 million mark. However given the current pay TV climate they're doing well.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)