2:00 on Wed. and?

I figured nothing was going to show up as I checked the bandwidth on the TMP channels and they were not enough for actual video.

I figured nothing was going to show up as I checked the bandwidth on the TMP channels and they were not enough for actual video.

So I take it this fact pretty much kills the hope for a 2nd uplink worth anything today?

Unlike many on here I figured it was not unreasonable to give them an extra week...stuff happens... but now this is just getting silly...

Sure they don't NEED to tell us anything.... but business-wise they have to realize that its their most loyal (and expensive) customers that were apt to have been watching the Charlie Chat...

The sad truth is ANY sort of acknowledgement or explanation would make a HUGE difference...even if we're still a week or more away in reality...

I just hate that they're insulting our intelligence by pretending like the announcement never even happened...

It's still early Wednesday so no rush. But if there isnt anything added, I hope they just say something... anything. I mean, Im not saying explanations... just acknowledgment that a deadline is being moved to sometime later. Or.... and I really hate to say it... that they will be up soon. :p

The fact that they have nothing streaming on the TMPs makes me think it isn't a technical problem but a contractural one. If it was just a technical problem related to a single Viacom channel, I think there would have been some content streaming on those other channels. This doesn't bode well as I don't think we are anywhere close to getting more national HD until they start exercising the hardware. I hope I'm wrong.

The fact that they have nothing streaming on the TMPs makes me think it isn't a technical problem but a contractural one. If it was just a technical problem related to a single Viacom channel, I think there would have been some content streaming on those other channels. This doesn't bode well as I don't think we are anywhere close to getting more national HD until they start exercising the hardware. I hope I'm wrong.

Unfortunately what you say makes sense...

...again some...ANY kind of acknowledgment would make better customer service sense than the silence... by a LONG shot...

So I take it this fact pretty much kills the hope for a 2nd uplink worth anything today?

Unlike many on here I figured it was not unreasonable to give them an extra week...stuff happens... but now this is just getting silly...

Sure they don't NEED to tell us anything.... but business-wise they have to realize that its their most loyal (and expensive) customers that were apt to have been watching the Charlie Chat...

The sad truth is ANY sort of acknowledgement or explanation would make a HUGE difference...even if we're still a week or more away in reality...

I just hate that they're insulting our intelligence by pretending like the announcement never even happened...

I totally disagree. Since they told us we were getting these 7 channels by April 1st, and it is now way past April 1st, they need to say something.
If it would have been a rumor, that is one thing. But when THE CEO of the company announces on tv that these channels are coming April 1st, and a week later still no channels, they need to explain.:mad:

I totally disagree. Since they told us we were getting these 7 channels by April 1st, and it is now way past April 1st, they need to say something.
If it would have been a rumor, that is one thing. But when THE CEO of the company announces on tv that these channels are coming April 1st, and a week later still no channels, they need to explain.:mad:

I think we're basically saying the same thing...my point was more that I know they're not required to do so from a legal standpoint...more along the lines of...we can't make them...

BUT from any reasonable customer service standpoint that I can conceive of...of course they SHOULD tell us something!!!

Crap. :( Did you test only the Viacom channels, or all of the tmp channels?

The deal is signed, the money is being paid, subs are paying more, yet no Viacom?????

Viacom and EchoStar sign TV deal

2009-01-22

Viacom has reached a deal with satellite broadcaster EchoStar Communications to renew carriage of channels such as MTV, Comedy Central and Nickelodeon on the company’s DISH Network. EchoStar spun out DISH last year but continues to operate the satellite fleet that serves the firm’s subscribers. The agreement will also see Viacom-produced content distributed online via EchoStar subsidiary Sling.com. Cable networks are seeking to generate more income from content licensing deals as advertising revenue continues to decline amid the global economic downturn.

The deal is signed, the money is being paid, subs are paying more, yet no Viacom?????

2009-01-22

Viacom has reached a deal with satellite broadcaster EchoStar Communications to renew carriage of channels such as MTV, Comedy Central and Nickelodeon on the company’s DISH Network. EchoStar spun out DISH last year but continues to operate the satellite fleet that serves the firm’s subscribers. The agreement will also see Viacom-produced content distributed online via EchoStar subsidiary Sling.com. Cable networks are seeking to generate more income from content licensing deals as advertising revenue continues to decline amid the global economic downturn.

Hey Wetz. I'm staying south a bit longer until it warms up a bit more there. Yeh, we all remember that release but notice it doesn't say anything about HD. There was discussion on that point when this news spilled out. That's when the regular Viacom channel contract was up. We know it makes sense they would have negotiated for HD at that time but who knows for sure whether they did or not or what all the terms were. I find it odd that there is nothing streaming at all. The only other explanation is that they are lacking infrastructure to get the Viacom HD to E*. That's also a possibility. I sure don't know the answers to the whys, just speculating. I just don't think we will see anything until they exercise the hardware a bit and that isn't happening at all -- yet. If Viacom is making E* wait until they can get Bet-HD or whatever other channel that's amiss, that would be unfortunate. But if the contract says all or none, then that's what it'll be.

2009-01-22

Is that the most definitive release you can find?

If so then it's disappointing as that paragraph doesn't mention HD nor does it say when or under what conditions payment starts to flow from Dish to Viacom.

And, as we all know, some contracts aren't worth the paper they're printed on. I venture to say this wouldn't be the first time Charlie has signed a contract and then decided, for whatever reason, that he wasn't going to abide by its terms.

Curious.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)