2/25/2009 2:28pm - Uplink Activity Report - 84 changes

anybody notice them sneak in WKRC in there for Cincinnati on 77W?? Is dish finally going to offer HD locals to Cincinnati?? oh shucks, i already switched to directv. dang.

How to hack free HDTV with*a coat hanger antenna | Wonder How To

Try this ota antenna. Built one myself and i live 60 miles away from philladelphia and i can pick up all the hd local channels no problem signal around 75 -80 . Never go out and believe me it is very hilly here. I even pick up a few of the NY local channels ota

Thanks, but we're talking a mountain(s) and passes here, not just hills. It's Colorado, not Pennsylvania. Come on out and see, we need the tourists! :)

anybody notice them sneak in WKRC in there for Cincinnati on 77W?? Is dish finally going to offer HD locals to Cincinnati?? oh shucks, i already switched to directv. dang.

mecro the Cincinnati HD channels are up they are wxix 19, wlwt 5,wcpo 9 has for wkrc 12 it is not up has of yet.

bmann:)

And there are also issues with the Colorado Springs spotbeam (SB28) coverage. I am in northern part of Teller County. The beam almost does not reach there. Instead, it covers large part of New Mexico--which is not in the DMA!!!

anybody know if the Denver Locals are on the same beam as the proposed COSprings locals?
If so...I'll be fine because when I moved to Denver for the SuperBowl....my signal was great.

thanks

OK, I grant you that I read the list wrong but I still find it hard to believe that there isn't space. Wasn't that the main point of doing the Eastern Arc to begin with.?

The reason for eastern arc was that there were areas on the east coast not able to be served from the western arc location without a great deal of difficulty or at all. It also provides another position for programming for potential subs with line of sight problems. It also utilizes older satellites that would otherwise end up being space junk if not put to use. Although E6? (61.5) has spot beams it wasn't designed to be the spot beam monster that 129 is. I think it also has some technical issues that keep it from operating at 100% capacity. E1 is moving from 148 to the eastern arc to serve up some more locals, I think, and maybe also do some Dish Mexico service. Even though Ciel 2 (129W) has coverage for most of the U.S., it still doesn't have the capacity to provide locals to every market. There is a new satellite planned for the eastern arc that should increase capacity. I think it is a big spot beam bus like 129W but I'm not sure. Why is being on eastern arc so important? I'm in Central IL and there are people west of me on the eastern arc and I couldn't care less. If I had a choice of arcs, I would want the western arc as its satellites are newer; E11 at 110W and Ciel 2 at 129W are brand new within the last year and have very strong signals.

Last edited:
I will figure it out if I have to...

if it turns out that the locals don't get to us....i'm going to rething something..

I have been with dish since 1993 or something...i don't want to leave....however.....

I'm not sure what happened with respect to Colorado, the home of E*. Comments were made when the Denver locals went up that the spot beam for Denver didn't encompass the entire market. I guess that's still the case but I don't know that for a fact.

I'm not sure what happened with respect to Colorado, the home of E*. Comments were made when the Denver locals went up that the spot beam for Denver didn't encompass the entire market. I guess that's still the case but I don't know that for a fact.

It is a fact. The Denver DMA is very large and spills into adjacent states. The Colorado Springs/Pueblo DMA just does not match the spotbeam pattern which is better optimized to northern New Mexico. Yet the large cities in New Mexico are on a different spotbeam. I think the problem is that these Ciel-2 spotbeams are fixed, whereas the previous satellite that was lost after launch had the newer technology steerable spotbeams.

There you go Kenny Fox 23 in Tulsa is available. Time for some Nascar!

Yeah!!! I left work earlier yesterday before the uplink report came out. Our internet is down so I was sitting in front of the tv looking through the guide every so often and saw it come up!

Now I am on the more national bandwagon!!! :D

Why is being on eastern arc so important? I'm in Central IL and there are people west of me on the eastern arc and I couldn't care less. If I had a choice of arcs, I would want the western arc as its satellites are newer; E11 at 110W and Ciel 2 at 129W are brand new within the last year and have very strong signals.
Gee, if everyone lived in your house there wouldn't be a problem. Fortunately we all have our own homes in different parts of the country and some of us can't receive 129 for various reasons. It doesn't make any difference how new the satellite is if you can get a dish aimed at it.

INDY HD locals

I couldn't get a lock on the old 129, so that is why I had to get 61.5 for HD. So, does that mean no Indianapolis locals in HD for me?

I had the same problem in Nashville, IN. The tech disconnected my 129 from my dish 1000 and added a wing dish at 61.5 --- now HD locals are on new 129? Called Dish Tech and they said they'd fix it when they became available?? Can't wait and we'll see if they "fix it" for free.

Chuck in Nashville

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)