2.4 m C-band dish

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Octavio

Original poster
Nov 27, 2011
Florida, USA
Hi,I'm going to install a 2.4m C-band solid dish. I'm not new to C-band but I'm not familiar with the new technologies and equipment available today. I want to set up two receivers, one of which will have to be a slave and, of course, I want to receive both C and Ku band signals. I know what I need as far as the LNBF, actuator to move the dish, a V-box or something similar to control it, and coaxial cable ( about 100 feet) but don't know how to set up the two receivers. Can anybody tell me what I exactly need to set this up? What type of switch do I need and what's the best way to do it?Thanks in advance.

What kind of receivers?
What LNBF did you have in mind?
Since you are far to the east, do you intend to get any Atlantic satellites on Ku or C-band which are circular? (say "no")

I'm not fond of slaving, as it has too many limitation, but we can get into that later.

edit:
"What is the best way?"
Well, the best way would be a dual-band ortho mode feed, with two C-band and two Ku band LNBs.
You follow that with a 4x8 powered multiswitch modified to put out 18 volts to both LNBs.
Then up to 8 receivers can choose either C or Ku without interfering with the other receiver.

Thanks Anole,
I'm thinking of the AZbox HD Premium and OPen Box S9 or S10 as my receivers. And yes, I want the circular polarizer because that's what I had on my C-band days (about 15 years ago), and according to Lyngsat there are a lot of channels using that polarity on the Atlantic satellites. I think this set up is going to cost a small fortune, but it's OK. The LNBF I had in mind was the DMS C-Ku band universal, but I guess that's no longer an option if I want to go with the ortho feed.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)