2.53 Returns Old Problems!!!!

Kaydigi

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 1, 2004
Damn it, ever since I got the new update on the 522 I keep getting the maximum timers have been reach message when I set something to record. When I try to go through my schedule it says 1053 events, when I try to edit any of them the box freezes.

This was fixed in the last update now it's back again. I swear if I miss the Dead Zone on Sunday, there will be hell to pay.

I'm still having these poroblems, i'm about to try a memory dump. I officially hate the 522.

I have noticed the past day or two that sometimes it shows 0 hr 0 min Avail while other times it shows a small amount of hours left (fewer than what it actually has) while other times it shows the correct amount of time available. I wonder if this is causing us to lose any of our recordings.

Since I got 253, I now get more skips. In 251, sometimes there would be a slight pixelation for a split second. Since the 'upgrade', the screen goes black for about 1/2-1 seconds and the soound disappears about 1/2 the time.

Other than that, I'm not sure what other new 'features' I got.

Stargazer said:
I have noticed the past day or two that sometimes it shows 0 hr 0 min Avail while other times it shows a small amount of hours left (fewer than what it actually has) while other times it shows the correct amount of time available. I wonder if this is causing us to lose any of our recordings.

As you run out of space, the DVR automatically deletes the oldest non-protected recordings to make room for current recordings. So it is possible to run out of space, then end up with more available space after another show has recorded.

That is not what I meant. I meant that the bug makes it show up as 0 hr 0 min Avail when there is in fact supposed to be time left on the hard drive then it goes back to like 40 hrs available after I start watching something or something starts recording or something. Something is different to cause it to show different amountg of time available. I was just wondering if the bug that has it indicate 0 hr 0 min Avail causes it to delete the oldest show first (or one with least priority) even though there is still actually time left on the hard drive. I am think that if the receiver thinks that there is 0 time left that it will delete shows anyways. This would be a REAL problem! You would have to record extra stuff and set them at the lowest priority to prevent the shows that you want to keep to stay on the hard drive due to this bug!

I haven't had those kinds of problems with 2.53, but it sure didn't cure, and may have aggravated, the timer skip and info screen problems.

I was having some shows DVR Events show up as 0 and that was getting very annoying. A reboot of the 522 fixed that problem.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts