2/8/2010 9:46pm - Uplink Activity Report - 34 changes

Basically folks with 110/119 w/ 61.5 wing dishes will need to upgrade to 61/72/77(1000.4) or 110/119/129 (1000.2) setups to get these channels.

Why did they do this?

1. E-3 has had more failures in the past few months. They don't want to put up more HD then have to take it down. They have filed to move E-6 to E-3 incase of another failure at 61.5.

2. They have a bunch of room at 72.7 with the new Nimiq5 bird with more transponders on the way as DirecTV vacates them.

3. 129 has the room to support the channels for WA customers.

4. Why not just put it on 119? They had room before! Correct. They have room at 119, but this room is needed for the E-14 shuffle coming up when E-14 is in orbit. Plus E-14 actually requires more transponders for efficient beam utilization. This will come more into play during the 8PSK WA conversion.

So basically the E-3 life and E-14 shuffle probably forced their hand at this, and they figure most of the customers have LOS to either WA or EA.

digi, I am on the East Coast(Iselin, NJ). My building has a MDU Dish Setup. The satellites that my boxes can "see" are 61.5; 110; 118 and 119.

Our contract with Dish Network has a clause that requires Dish to keep our equipment to its State of the Art.

As the president of the board here, I'd like to drop an e-mail to my support people at Dish mentioned that we did not get any of the new HD channels added today. My question is: Are we supposed to "see" the 72.7 or 129? Thanks for your help.

My question is: Are we supposed to "see" the 72.7 or 129? Thanks for your help.
That depends on how you define "supposed".

Is a car "supposed" to have sat nav and DVD for the back seat ?

It can have those...

Generally, Dish customers add dishes when they want a channel that is not available on the ones they have.

The new HD channels are not available on the ones you have.

PS If 129 can be seen from the location of your dish, it would go better with your existing sat locations than would 72.7. A single dish called the Dish 1000+ can receive 110, 118, 119 and 129 and can accept an input from your 61.5 dish.

That depends on how you define "supposed".

Is a car "supposed" to have sat nav and DVD for the back seat ?

It can have those...

Generally, Dish customers add dishes when they want a channel that is not available on the ones they have.

The new HD channels are not available on the ones you have.

PS If 129 can be seen from the location of your dish, it would go better with your existing sat locations than would 72.7. A single dish called the Dish 1000+ can receive 110, 118, 119 and 129 and can accept an input from your 61.5 dish.
kstuart, keeping in mind that we have an MDU install - that means, the same 2 dishes(I think one for the domestic and one for international channels) are shared by all the residents on the same building.
The question was more in line of in Iselin, NJ, are we able to "see" 72.7 or 129? Whatever it is, that's what I want to ask from Dish - again, our MDU contract with Echostar states that it's their responsibility to keep our systems up to their(Echostar's) state of the art. That means, if there are HD channels that are available to other commercial customers that we cannot get, it's Dish responsibility to fix the issue. But before I complain about not having these channels available here, I need to know if I can see 129 or 72.7 - u know, not sure, say, if in the West Coast one is able to see 72.7 and on the East Coast the 129 or vice-versa.

Okay, now I understand you.

129 is an elevation of about 18 degrees from you, so it depends entirely on whether you have trees, hills or buildings west of you.

The installation tech will either need to replace your 61.5 dish with a "Dish 1000.4" which has 72.7, or else they will replace your 110/118/119 dish with a "Dish 1000+" which has 110/118/119/129.

It is entirely a question of line of sight from your address. Someone a mile away could need something entirely different.

So, send the email to Dish, and their installer will have to make the decision on the spot.

This is my story:
Thursday, I call Dish and inform them of this subject. The phone support people are completely clueless, as usual! Make an appointment and have the understanding down.
First day, the installer was over booked and never called me to say that. Second day, they couldn’t find my house and were an hour away at 5pm. Third day, show up and they do not have 1000.2 with them!

Today, I call up screaming because I took three days off from work for nothing! First person I speak to, can barely speak English. Transferred a few more times until I finally get someone in the resolutions department. The person is clueless to my current setup (2 dish 500’s 110/119/61.5) let alone what I am asking for them to do (swap dish500 for 1000.2 to add 129). I repeatly say exactly what kstuart has posted. My issue is now at the hands of the people in the I.T. department. When the person from the resolutions department gets the understanding on how to rightup the work order, she will call me back.

If you want to call the person in the resolutions department and explain to her this subject please do so, Laura 720-514-8555 ex 70842

I am about to purchase a 1000.2 dish myself so I do not have to deal with this company's crap!

Update: Dish phone tech will only change me over to eastern arc. They would not even speak to me about a dish 1000.2. They think 129 is part of the eastern arc!

If you want to speak to this person directly, 720-514-8555 ex. 80584

This company is full of idiots!

Apparently I made a big stink between the 30 or so dish network phone reps the past week, that they pulled my work order this morning from the subcontractor and they, themselves will be showing up! I do not know if I should be happy or confused at this point.

Dishnetwork tech was here, he wouldn't swap out my dish500 with a 1000.2 because his boss told him that 61.5 and 129 feeds were not compatible. I've had it with this company. EVeryone has their own "story" and no one knows the company's technology! Plus, they were three hours late, let alone the 4th day waiting for them!

....Praise Jesus! Dishnetwork tech was here early this morning! Installed a third dish outside to receive 129 and its good to go! Getting better coverage then my existing 61.5 dish! Took a week, 96 telephone calls, five days off from work, four on site techs, but its done. A simple five minute job.

....Praise Jesus! Dishnetwork tech was here early this morning! Installed a third dish outside to receive 129 and its good to go! Getting better coverage then my existing 61.5 dish! Took a week, 96 telephone calls, five days off from work, four on site techs, but its done. A simple five minute job.
I'm glad you finally got some satisfaction. But, why do you think it is necessary to post all of your travails in 5 different threads. One is really enough.....

My building's now on the EA

kstuart and scott >> Thanks, I'll contact Dish and I'll keep you posted.
After some back-and-forth with the RM responsible for our account, yesterday they started upgrading my condominium to EA - they started with my building :) My setup was changed from 61.5/110/119/(and 118 for international) to 61.5/72.7/77, keeping 118 for internationals.

I haven't had a chance to fully check everything, but first impressions are:
1- Lost SD versions of the NYC locals that have HD - CBS, NBC, Fox, ABC and CW - no biggie
2- Lost IONW - again, no biggie
3- Great Pic quality on the HDs on 72.7 that I checked last night - BBCA, E! and FSC. With Champions League iN HD and Top Gear in HD now, I'll need to add an EHD to my 722k now :)

During the weekend and, especially since next week I'm off, I'll investigate further and keep you posted.
Again kstuart and scott, thanks for your help.