2.80 dramatically hurt my HD PQ

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
I might be in the minority, but my NBC station (WNBC-DT in NYC) looks like crap compared to the Dish stream. WNBC-DT has always been a POS, so it's not shocking.

I don't know if there are any others out there but I have noticed better PQ on my SD channels since the upgrade. I use low end component inputs.

Have a 62525 MITS one month old. Normally run the 811 through DVI. Have had the component connected just for comparisons early on. After getting 280 I checked them Sunday. Color was way off, and could not get it back. Disconnected them. DVI still excellent with minor adjustments.

I have my 811 hooked up via DVI to my Hitachi LCD RPTV 50v500. Recently I have noticed that my picture is kinda blurred too, both HD and SD. I'm not sure how to describe the symptom. There seems to be a slight shadow or ghost for everything being displayed on the tv. I really notice it whenever I display the channel guide. Letter and lines have a distinct shadow to the left of them. I'm not really sure if this is a problem with my tv or with the receiver. I have switched it to component and is experiencing the same issues. I have a Zenith DVB318 dvd player that can upscale 480i to 720p and 1080i via both component and DVI. I'll test tonight to see if I get the same effect with that dvd player on the same inputs too. I was just curious to know if anyone else who might have the same Hitachi tv are experiencing this issue? Just started during the Olympics.

I have a Dish 811 (280LADD-N/1013LADD) hooked up to the ColorStream (component) input on my Toshiba 34HF81. Since I downloaded 280, it seems that PQ has decreased on all channels, HD satellite, SD satellite, and OTA digital. But then, I look at my 6000 connected to my Mits WS-55613 and it has the same problems on HD satellite.

I was watching the HD football on ESPN-HD this weekend and the grass would run through this pattern four time a second. Looking closely at the pattern, it appeared the macro blocking was going overtime. I checked it on the 6000 and saw the same effect, so it's either coming from Dish that way, or both the 6000 and the 811 have the same decoding bug.

Edit: Not that it's hardware-related, but during the hurricane Frances coverage on The Weather Channel the past weekend it appeared that the frame rate was less than 30fps, maybe 20 or 15. Anything to save bits, I'm sure, but come on!

I reported the deteriorated HD PQ, the stuttering HD, the frozen scene HD, et al to Dish technical support. The email response I got was that they were aware of the problem and were working on a solution. That's just ducky!

2.8 also hurt my PQ on a Samusung 50" DLP w/ component.
I spoke with a tech today who informed me that there is supposed to be a software update by the end of next week.
Not sure if it's true or if he told me that to shut me up.

cdprayor said:
my distant locals look really bad since this update...811 has been freezing up and resetting itself
I haven't had rebooting issues, but I noticed this weekend that my 811 reversed the sub-channels on one of my ATSC locals. I re-added the channel and it got the right mapping.

Fun with the 811: I found that the "Sys Info" button ("Skip Back" on the 811's remote) has quite a stack. For each press of the "Sys Info" button, you have to press the equivalent number of "Cancel" or "Enter" keys. I counted 32 "Sys Info" presses, and had to cancel 32 times to get back to what I was watching. I then tried as quick as I could to hit the button (see if I could overflow the stack) and after 45 seconds or so, *BAM* Reboot.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)