2.83 for 942 reported spooling

942 L283 Is Here!

Just noticed I have L283 on my 942. I am a little surprised to see no coverage of this here. No release notes, nothing. :confused:

This is the first time I've seen a upgrade come down for the 942 get so little attention - me included. Guess we're all too preoccupied with new channel & PQ rumors.:)

Anyway, just looking for reactions to this new release. I watched for a couple hours last night and did notice some pixelazation, brief skips & audio drops (FoxNews 6 thru 9pm) but I was watching delayed by almost a full (1 hour) buffer and I often have problems when I do that and the buffer is almost maxed. After I skip ahead a bit it's not as bad.

I then switched to DVD (season 4 of 24:D ) for the rest of the night, so don't really know any more about 2.83.

Walt, I make a habit of rebooting my 942 and 811s twice (once soft, once hard) after receiving a software download. I don't know if it makes a difference, but I've been doing this ever since I had VOOM STBs and rarely have post download problems.

I was too busy last night to noticed if I received L2.83, however I did receive my purchased 942 yesterday afternoon. I opened the box, but I won't have time to play with it until tonight or tomorrow.

Anyway, I'm just hoping the pix problems go away for L2.83.

Scott Greczkowski said:
I posted the release notes here the other day in another thread. :) I just was not sure when it was coming out.

I must be blind because I can't find that thread:confused:

riffjim4069 said:
Just setup my setup my 942 and I noticed it came shipping with L2.83 - pretty funny considering I ordered it on Monday. The 942s must be going out as fast as they make 'em.

Your 942 didn't come with 2.83 installed. When you first plug it in and connect the satellites it downloads the most recent software.

gpflepsen said:
Your 942 didn't come with 2.83 installed. When you first plug it in and connect the satellites it downloads the most recent software.
You may very well be correct, but I'm almost positive I hit "sysinfo" on the receiver prior to plugging in either tuner. I should have been paying closer attention, but my 3 year wanted to help and I spent more time paying attention to her then I did with activating the receiver.:eek:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)