This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

2 accounts, 1 dish?

breathe

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 17, 2004
So i am going to be moving in with some friends soon, they already have dish, with 1 625. I have my own account, that has a $1000 prepayment on it, and would like to use it while living there. Is it possible to hook up my 522 to the dish, even though its a different account? I dont think dish would know any better. Anything special needed?

Yes its possible and Ive done it before on an apartment install and on a house install with 2 family members. Biggest thing you need to have is an apropriate lnbf and or switch to hook to.

Since your living in the same residence they could have theirs shut off if you plan on staying there for a while. They should not have it shut off if they are under contract though or if you do not plan on staying there for a while. If theirs got shut off you guys could save some money, split the bill, etc. You could add another receiver onto your account, or use your 522 and let them use one tuner off of it.

I actually offered this, since the prepayment was from my employer, so i dont care about sharing it whilst living there, but they for some reason want their own account...i dunno....

Hehe, they probably might want to order some spicy PPV and dont want it showing up on your employers bill

They may still be under contract...if so they could suspend the account for a few months to save a few dollars.

They may have a contract with the company. That is a nice employer to pay for the programming for you. They could take the Dish Pause (I think its called something else for DHA customers) and its $10 per month and they get to keep the rented hardware there. If they signed a contract through a retailer then they would need to keep it on for twelve consecutive months to avoid penalty. Technically the retailer gets the money back after the service gets turned back on but there could still be problems so its advisable to not shut it off if there is a contract.

wobbie said:
They may still be under contract...if so they could suspend the account for a few months to save a few dollars.
From what I'm hearing, that (Dish Pause) is no longer allowed while the customer is under contract.