2 C-Band LNB's on one 6' dish :)

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
well last nite I swapped out the 2nd LNB for 103. Put the old LNB on there and squeezed a couple more points out. I hate to say it but this old 25K LNB is much easier to work with in this case.

Everything that I can get is on H (I cant get DWTV on V due to the 7/8 FEC) so I put the LNB on there and locked it down (hose clamp it) where I think it should be. Then I can manually skew it by using the long screwdriver and slowly moving the skew notch inside. Cant do that with a LNBF (have to skew the whole assembly).

Might still see if I can get 107.3 now with a LNBF

hey ice i seen on a website where you can buy a motor for that same fish you have. i didnt know if you knew this or not just thought it might help some so you don't have to move dish. it was made by Diesque? i think i dont know if that was the name but it was H-H mount type for your 6ft dish. just thought you might want to know if you didnt know :)

I've seen a couple of those. the only drawbacks are
-I cant put a pole in the ground
-I'd have to really modify the frame that the dish mounts to
-I'm limited with my LOS...right now its about between T6-AnikF2

hey ice i seen on a website where you can buy a motor for that same fish you have. i didnt know if you knew this or not just thought it might help some so you don't have to move dish. it was made by Diesque? i think i dont know if that was the name but it was H-H mount type for your 6ft dish. just thought you might want to know if you didnt know :)

I keep waiting for someone to get one of those and make a full report here. So far it hasn't happened! :(

For me, I am not a big fan of H-H mount for C-band. A polar one should get all conus C-band. Reason for that is if the mount is gone bad, you will need to retune the dish from scratch. With polar mount, simply replace the actuator...you are good to go.
In windy area, polar mount is still preferable.

I keep waiting for someone to get one of those and make a full report here. So far it hasn't happened! :(

hamburger vs a good steak :)

For me, I am not a big fan of H-H mount for C-band.
A polar one should get all conus C-band.
Reason for that is if the mount is gone bad, you will need to retune the dish from scratch.
With polar mount, simply replace the actuator...you are good to go.
I hear what you're saying, and I can appreciate the ease of service, but...
...are we talking about service every 10 years? 20 years?
Isn't that a little like saying: "Steaks are better, so I won't eat hamburgers." ?

I think what would make the big H-H mounts more attractive for the migration of Ku band DVB users (and maybe in Europe they have these), is USALS capability.
There is really no reason not to have that.
I'm surprised there's not a Vbox mod or mode that supports USALS for the H-H motors.
They have equal number of steps per degree, all across their throw, unlike the actuators on polar mounts.
Am I missing something?
Is it just inertia in the industry and user community?
If such a thing existed, I might go get a 180-240 dish tomorrow!

...and since this is a 6' dish thread, I'm not that far off topic. . .

C band, dual feed

Some time back I wanted to try a C/Ku feed experiment. I was only able to recieve maybe 75% of a stand alone Ku lnb with this unit. But, it worked very well for the C band !! I've been wondering about adding an analog lnb to the unit, but as yet have not tried it. The plastic "T" is lined with aluminum tape from the hardware store. The oval shaped reflector inside is mounted on plastic pen cartridge. The motor is operated by my Pansat 2700a. Takes a bit of time to build, but can be done. I have a number of other things to do and have to try and distance myself from spending much more time with the satellite experiments. Best wishes !!

Attachments

• T Wave Assemb.JPG
    T Wave Assemb.JPG
    54.9 KB · Views: 172
I've been doing a little reading on multiple lnb's on a C-Band dish, as I have a 10' unimesh that I'd like to set in one location (for a single channel) and would love to make use of it's size in order to have more stationary locations (i.e. no motor/combined with the right switches, etc to feed to multiple lnb's). I came across the image attached to this post.

I'm wondering if anybody here has had experience with such a setup. It'd be great to pull in 2-3 extra birds from this one dish, if it could be done. I see my local cable company is doing something similar, but with a dish approx 15-20 feet in diameter. It'd be great to get some advice as to approx positions to locate an LNB in order to get an additional sat, but I'm probably just dreaming, as that doesn't seem to be a very popular setup in this neck of the woods :(

Attachments

• multlnb.jpg
    multlnb.jpg
    7.7 KB · Views: 230
where to stick that extra LNB

I'm all for hand-holding that LNB to test for optimal location, but . . .

Couple of months ago, we had several discussions on where to locate two LNBs on a 6' dish in Alaska to get 110º and 119º.
Same theory and calculations apply here.
It's a combination of dish focal length, and where in the sky you are looking, that determines actual spacing.

I'd suggest anyone interested in the subject to go read that thread and understand it, as an aid in your experiments.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)