2 Chocies.. What you all think

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Wow.
I have to say I didn't know anyone made a plasma that small.:)

I have had the Vizio lcd but took it back and got a Sammy. Go Sony or Sammy!!

Yes, I'm going to be doing 360, DVD's, and Tivo...

But I thought that newer plasma's did not have the burn in problems....

I wish I could find reviews on both sets...

Last edited:
all plasmas have burn in problems as far as i know. I prefer LCD because then you can watch things in their original aspect ratio (which is important to me). With a plasma any 4:3 will be stretched.

Image Retention is an issue if you leave the screen paused for a long period. Any small IR from gaming will go away. Plenty of guys are gaming with the panasonic 85u and love it.

Both lcd and plasma have their pros and cons, I just dont really like lcd's as compared to plasmas, especially the blacks.

I know nothing of the vizio lcd, but have seen many positive comments about their plasmas. Its a budget brand, but a good tv. The new for 2008 vizio plasmas are going to have great bang for the buck.

I am more confused now then I ever was :)
I have half the people telling me LCD the other half Plasma!

Heres some easy facts:

LCD's are generally lower maintenance(no image retention, less reflective)
Plasmas generally have better blacks and color(imho) than most lcd's. Some plasmas are more reflective than others

The both have pro's and cons, but dont go off showroom floor pq because lcd's almost always look better.

Read a little more into the pros and cons, pick a couple of tv's you like then read the owners threads at avs. Once you've decided, pull the trigger.

I can tell that the panny 85u line is a great tv. The XBR lcd's are nice as well as the sammy's. I think with the lcd's, you need to spend the money and get into the higher end(xbr) lines than the entry levels.

I am more confused now then I ever was :)
I have half the people telling me LCD the other half Plasma!
Oh, then you ain't confused enough... :)

I believe the best value still is DLP, Samsung LED DLP especially.
And don't pay attention to that Pioneer "comparison" picture - it's complete garbage...

Diogen.

I was actually heading towards DLP(2nd gen sammy led or mitsu)but a severe viewing angle and the fact they raised their smallest size(57" I think) was too much for me.

Well, I think I"m going to go with the LCD... I"m going to head into ABC warehouse and see what kind of deals they have 1rst, before I hit Sears to pick that up

I went with the 32 LCD.. I LOVE IT... playing 360 is an amazing, I never knew what I was missing!

A big advantage for LCD is that the power consumption is much less.

There's more to PQ than the display technology. Pick the one that looks best to you on a wide variety of the programming you're buying it for. If it doesn't look good to you, don't buy as it won't get better with age.

Harshness sums it up, pretty good, I think. My granny has a freakin' 20 something inch Vizio. It's tiny. I looked at LCD's and never saw a picture I liked, especially in SD. Plasma's looked better to me. I went with plasma, high picture settings, long pauses and all and it looks like a million bucks, with 0 IR. I did however, get a Philips on the first go 'round, and it blew (you do get what you pay for)! Took it back where I got it from went to CC for a Panasonic and it's killer. My brother-in-law bought a Samsung and it kicks butt, too. Enjoy!

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts