2 Dish 500 satellites for 722K receiver

goofy_american

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Sep 3, 2009
MN
Due to tall trees and terrain issues, I've found the need to have 2 Dish 500 antennas for my Dish 722K receiver.

One 500 is already installed and is receiving 110 and 119 successfully.

The second 500 has already been mounted and I'm attempting to aim it at 129.

Both 500's have the DishPro PlusTwin LNBF.

Can I run the coax from the 129 LNBF OUT port to the 110/119 LNBF IN port? Then I would run 1 coax to the 722K receiver.

Or, am I better off running each coax from their respective LNBF to inside the house to the satellite?

Do I need a switch or do the 500 LNBF's handle this?

I know the 500 wasn't designed for the 129 satellite. What skew would I use...along with Lat and Longitude for Minneapolis, MN? Zip code is 55416.

Thank you for all the great assistance!

As I recall, you can't feed a DPP twin into another DPP twin. What you need is an I yoke (rather than the Y that is there now) and a DP dual, both of which are very reasonably priced. Leave the skew at 90 and you should be good to go.

I believe you need to go directly to the receive. That how mine used to be hooked up before I got EA.

But I am surprised you can't get WA (110,119,129) or EA (72,61.5, 77) you don't need 77 unless you have locals there or international programing.

I have a similar setup for western arc.I use a legacy 500 quad for 110/119 and then a legacy 500 with one dual lnb combined with a sw21 switch.I left the Y adapter on and used the left side of it for the lnb.Set the skew to 90 degrees.It works great and certainly increased 129 signal.

As the krell said, you will be using a DPP Twin and a DP Dual. The twin will see your 110 & 119. The DP Dual will be aimed at the 129. Skew will be 90 and the elevation will be whatever dishpointer.com says. I'm going to guess somewhere around 25. Run one line from the left port of the dual lnb to the far right port of the twin lnb. Then (if you are using a duo/dual tuner) one line from one of the left ports on the twin to the rcvr location, of course using a separator at the rcvr location. Run a check switch and you should be good. If you are using a single tuner of course you can omit the separator. If you don't have a separator, 2 lines from the left 2 ports of the twin to each input of the duo/dual tuner will also do the trick.

They got you pointed in the right direction. Do not cascade the DPP twin lnbs. They will burn out.

If you are using an older receiver to peak 129, only transponder 8 will show signal.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts