2 dish vs 1 dish

DP 34 or DPP 44 switch

The mounts I installed and DISH has put whatever dish was necessary for that particular application, after my initial install. Since 1994 we have never had any of the issues that we are having now and since the install of 1000.2. With 300 and 500's for years it has been smooth sailing. Now after a year with a 1000.2 issues are arising and will need to be addressed. Until now, as I have said, I have not had any weather issues. So, to me, the first logical step would to go back to what worked the best for all these years and go from there. And that is what we are going to do.

Next Spring we're scraping the house and rebuilding. I have a special place on the new roof designed especially for dishes. And at that time, I will have the most over kill (within reason) set up. So, yes, larger dishes are on the forefront. I'm just looking to get through the Winter. Since it looks like it's going to be a nasty one.

OK then they will need to bring a DP 34 or DPP 44 switch and dish pro or dish pro + LNBS to put on the 300 & 500 dishes.

Fifties across the board? Shouldn't a 1000.2 be doing more like mid- to high-60s? I was getting up to low 70s with a D500 on 110/119 and high 70s with a D300 on CEIL-2. Once you're SURE that the dish is peaked, I'd start looking into that LNB/switch situation, too; it sounds more like bad terrestrial hardware than a bum satellite. :)

60's

Fifties across the board? Shouldn't a 1000.2 be doing more like mid- to high-60s? I was getting up to low 70s with a D500 on 110/119 and high 70s with a D300 on CEIL-2. Once you're SURE that the dish is peaked, I'd start looking into that LNB/switch situation, too; it sounds more like bad terrestrial hardware than a bum satellite. :)

He should get 60's or better on all tp 17 of 110/119/129. Just read a thread where some one peaked their 1000.2 and lowest SS was like 65.

That's what I am saying. If 129 is so powerful, I think I should be getting a better range of signal which would alleviate all the problems. Plus the first sign of trouble was that we lost everything off 129, but 110/119 were fine for a while, then we lost 110/119 off the 1000.2 while the 500 worked flawlessly the whole time covered with snow. When we had a Dual Dish set up and got our locals off 129, we never had any problems. Back to the basics. And it is a given that it's ground gear and now the sighting on the dish, since all these latest issues popped right after the dish was last "tweaked".

OK then they will need to bring a DP 34 or DPP 44 switch and dish pro or dish pro + LNBS to put on the 300 & 500 dishes.
There's already a Pro+ LNB on the 500 that's up there. I was told from the beginning that they would supply what ever I would need. As that is what was installed prior to the 1000.2. They'd just put it back to what it was. Of which I have been asked why was it changed. I tell them that I was told I "had" to have the 1000.2. The first tech that came out had it all on the truck and I have a storeroom full of just about one of everything. The curious thing is that they are very free with the external gear. But when it comes to receivers, are very "tight". When I got the 722 the tech tucked my (I owed it) 625 under his arm and literally ran.

It's yours

There's already a Pro+ LNB on the 500 that's up there. I was told from the beginning that they would supply what ever I would need. As that is what was installed prior to the 1000.2. They'd just put it back to what it was. Of which I have been asked why was it changed. I tell them that I was told I "had" to have the 1000.2. The first tech that came out had it all on the truck and I have a storeroom full of just about one of everything. The curious thing is that they are very free with the external gear. But when it comes to receivers, are very "tight". When I got the 722 the tech tucked my (I owed it) 625 under his arm and literally ran.

Did they give you some kind of credit for the 625? Since you owned it it should have stay at your house not taken in by the tech. I'm beginning to think the 1st tech was a bit of a scammer.

He should get 60's or better on all tp 17 of 110/119/129. Just read a thread where some one peaked their 1000.2 and lowest SS was like 65.
With clear cool skies:
1000.2 Trans 17:
110: 62
119: 64
129: 50
500 Trans 17:
110: 77
119: 75

The DISH guy used Trans 14 - 110/119/129 as a baseline when he "tweaked" my 1000.2. I was told years ago to use Sat 119, Trans 21 to aim with. And that's what I used when I sighted my old 500 and I have had someone out every Spring to resight it and for the past 6 years they said that they could not do any better than the way it was. So . . . "Back to the Basics."

too weak

With clear cool skies:
1000.2 Trans 17:
110: 62
119: 64
129: 50
500 Trans 17:
110: 77
119: 75

The DISH guy used Trans 14 - 110/119/129 as a baseline when he "tweaked" my 1000.2. I was told years ago to use Sat 119, Trans 21 to aim with. And that's what I used when I sighted my old 500 and I have had someone out every Spring to resight it and for the past 6 years they said that they could not do any better than the way it was. So . . . "Back to the Basics."

The 1000.2's SS is too low. The 500 looks about right.

Plus the first sign of trouble was that we lost everything off 129, but 110/119 were fine for a while, then we lost 110/119 off the 1000.2 while the 500 worked flawlessly the whole time covered with snow.

That's the kind of thing that screams "LNB failure" to me. But I'm a hack, so take it FWIW. Peak it first, then get Dish to replace the LNB. When you peak it, leave the skew setting where it is and focus on getting 129 as best you can. If you can't get into the low-60s, it's an on-site hardware problem.

Did they give you some kind of credit for the 625? Since you owned it it should have stay at your house not taken in by the tech. I'm beginning to think the 1st tech was a bit of a scammer.
I have had one of every kind over the years. Nothing surprises me anymore. I'm seeing that it's starting to be as bad as Level 1 phone in support. Which I was told isn't going to get any better anytime soon. I have on my account that they can not send a subcontractor or I will shoot them on sight. This was after we had the first dual dish set up (locals) installed and Suntech Marketing (the subcontractor) took all my new personal DPP gear saying that they had to turn it into DISH to get reimbursed for the gear they installed (all the wrong stuff). When they left I had no working anything. After a quick call to DISH with the State Attorney Gen's office on the other line, I had a real DISH Tech at my house with all new gear, what it needed to be and was installed, up and running in half an hour.

The 625, after a bit of a scream at a "CEO Office CSR" when I was told that he should not have taken it, but I could not get it back, I flat out accused them of theft and my next phone call was going to be to the police. I was given a $450 credit on my next bill and a couple other niceties. Since I have been treated nicely. But I think I am going to have some "issues" on doing some receiver upgrading when the time comes, because it looks like I was told what I wanted to hear to go to HD and now I am finding out bit by bit that things don't work the way I was told it could. We'll see when the time comes.

This last "re-aiming" the first guy was new(er) and by the book 150% over realistic and could not do his job. He got in his own way and almost killed himself. That's when I asked him to call dispatch so I could talk to his supervisor. Half an hour later he was gone and a Field Supervisor was on my doorstep. This guy is great. I'm sure in time the first guy will come into his own. But not on my time. I told them all just to send the gear and I'll do it myself. And from what I am hearing we, all may have to go this way in the future. What's really funny is this is the way it all started back in the early 90's. The World goes round.

It could be a faulty switch in the 1000.2.
That's why this exercise. The process of elimination and insertion of reason, suggestions or known to work processes.

My parents are both Rocket Scientists and I spent some time at Hughes Aerospace and a little at Echostar. So we're a family that's familiar with things that go into space, orbit the Earth and land on other planets. That's why when I get a "questionable" field tech I bite my tongue and wait. I'm willing to get 'em a chance. Then when things fail, I do my research, plan my strategy and then attack.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)