2 dishes?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

nutjb18

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jul 6, 2007
This is kind of a bazaar question, but is it possible to have 2 dishes on your account to provide regular service to one account. Yesterday I had a tech come to install the 5 lnb dish for hd and was told that the tree line in front of my home would disrupt the signal. So I was forced to have him leave without my upgrade. I know he did not do all he could to have me hooked up. So I am going to try a pole mount in my back yard. The extra distance from the tree line will ensure an undisrupted view of the southern sky. I'm also going to perform the install on my own, so, since I'm doing a pole install I really don't want to have run 4 cables underground from the dish. SO my question is, would it be possible to use the current round dish on my roof for my 3 standard definition tv's and use the big 5 lnb dish which is going to be out in the yard for the 1 hd hook up. I know having two dishes might be unsightly but, for the time being, would save A LOT of extra re-wiring and buying extra cables and work. So, is it possible to do this with one account? I would think that as long as the activated access cards are reaching the satellites, it wouldn't matter which dish they are using but I could be very wrong. Any help would be greatly appreciated as I want to get the ball rolling on installing the hd and would like to have some idea as to how much cable to buy it would be great.

You can have a 3 dishes if you wish. What Directv cares about is the number of receivers in one house under one account. It doesnt really care if coming from different dishes. So you can use the 3 LNB for the 3 receivers and 5 LNB for a separate HD receiver no worries.

:welcome to Sat Guys!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)