SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 5, 2004
Haiti and lexington ky
Hello ,
Downstairs we have a hopper 3 with joey
And upstairs they have a hopper 2.
Right now everything works great.
We use a dpp44 a couple of hybrid duo switches and also the dhp42.
The people with hopper 2 would like to add to another tv?
What would be beat for them and the one dish home?
Would a Joey be better or another hopper 2?
They don’t want to upgrade to hopper 3 but would like to keep the one dish .
Thanks

Hello ,
Downstairs we have a hopper 3 with joey
And upstairs they have a hopper 2.
Right now everything works great.
We use a dpp44 a couple of hybrid duo switches and also the dhp42.
The people with hopper 2 would like to add to another tv?
What would be beat for them and the one dish home?
Would a Joey be better or another hopper 2?
They don’t want to upgrade to hopper 3 but would like to keep the one dish .
Thanks

The other person might need to get a retailer to install, we don't usually install multiple accounts on one dish. If it's a separate account from yours they should be able to add a second Hopper, if they're needing more space they could get a Joey and a hard drive, or if they're wanting to be able to record more simultaneously they should go with a Hopper 3 (recommended) or a Super Joey.

The other person might need to get a retailer to install, we don't usually install multiple accounts on one dish. If it's a separate account from yours they should be able to add a second Hopper, if they're needing more space they could get a Joey and a hard drive, or if they're wanting to be able to record more simultaneously they should go with a Hopper 3 (recommended) or a Super Joey.
MDU's get installed with one dish all the time and now with Dish Fiber, communities are being installed with a single Dish

I can confirm that practice of "Dish installers" requiring each account to have its own reflector and associated earth station equipment.

IMHO, I think this is for some kind of "quality control" by way of isolation if there are problems so it won't affect both people on both accounts, the fact that the license for the earth station is kept on file by Dish for the subscriber--the notion being each account would have their own earth stations as per filing may be another factor--and, perhaps, a way for Dish to get the LNFB back and be assured the closed account is not getting pirated Dish service.

However, in the grand scheme of things, as stated, an installer can do it, and Dish, it seems, has no problem/care if such a shared earth station install exists, just as long as Dish gets their MONEY each month, then they are fine with a shared install. Further, some people had to get 2 separate accounts in the early days of allowing two Hopper 3's in one household, and that was with ONE earth station installed by Dish, in many cases, so existing shared earth stations aren't a big deal to Dish.

In the early days, didn't two Hopper 3's in the same household also require two separate dishes? I thought that two Hopper 3's on the same dish wasn't possible until the DPH42 switch finally came out. When that happened, that was when the two separate account requirement was lifted, if I recall correctly.

Reactions: TheKrell
In the early days, didn't two Hopper 3's in the same household also require two separate dishes? I thought that two Hopper 3's on the same dish wasn't possible until the DPH42 switch finally came out. When that happened, that was when the two separate account requirement was lifted, if I recall correctly.
Yes, you are CORRECT, sir. I actually noted my error in re-reading my post before I read yours. The correction is greatly appreciated. And, YES, it was NOT technically possible to have two H3's in the same household unless each H3 had its own earth station. Thank you for reminding me how bad my memory is and how flawed I am :).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts