2 HDMI cables connected to make one???

I've been in some 5,000 homes in 10 years of installing satellites and working with everyone's equipment. I get plenty of opportunity to check out every consumer piece of TV-related electronics. When I say Philips sucks, its from years of seeing how crappy they are in people's homes. Also, Philips made the crappiest DirecTV receiver ever known to man -- the Philips DSX5500C. You should have stuck with Sony, I've only seen a few broken ones of those and of the broken ones, there was physical damage indicating owner abuse. But, that's a Wal-Mart TV for you.

Just 10 years? New kid on the block! ....do agree that Sony is a brand at the top of my list when it comes to quality and design. It's very difficult to find a flat screen that can better the video on even the more cost effective models that Sony offers. Sony's reputation for high price point does turn off a lot of buyers. It pays to do your homework and compare performance and not just cost. After all, how long do you expect to use the technology? 2yr's...5yr's. Technology is advancing so rapidly, the best today is second rate tomorrow. You only live once.......10 years? Hope you have had fun.

I've been in some 5,000 homes in 10 years of installing satellites and working with everyone's equipment. I get plenty of opportunity to check out every consumer piece of TV-related electronics. When I say Philips sucks, its from years of seeing how crappy they are in people's homes. Also, Philips made the crappiest DirecTV receiver ever known to man -- the Philips DSX5500C. You should have stuck with Sony, I've only seen a few broken ones of those and of the broken ones, there was physical damage indicating owner abuse. But, that's a Wal-Mart TV for you.
I agree that its not a top tier model like a pioneer/panasonic/samsung, I simply dont agree that its terrible. For the average consumer that panel would work fine. Ive seen several different models myself, i would rate phillips (that I have seen) as a midlevel model. There are better for sure. There are also worse.

Alot of has to do with the way it is set up and calibrated, also the lighting conditions, source material, ect.

I admit I wasn't a C-Band kiddie. I started doing this right about the time that DirecTV bought out PrimeStar. I only put in one actual PrimeStar when that happened. I then went on to a local DISH retailer doing all the PrimeStar bounties. Back then it wasn't uncommon to find knob-style TV sets or to find a VCR. Now it's all HDTVs and DVDs. I see a VCR and ask people if they want it hooked up and they say "no, haven't used it in years."

I don't even have an HDTV in my home. However, if my wife said I could go to the store and buy a Philips HDTV, I wouldn't bother.

I admit I wasn't a C-Band kiddie. I started doing this right about the time that DirecTV bought out PrimeStar. I only put in one actual PrimeStar when that happened. I then went on to a local DISH retailer doing all the PrimeStar bounties. Back then it wasn't uncommon to find knob-style TV sets or to find a VCR. Now it's all HDTVs and DVDs. I see a VCR and ask people if they want it hooked up and they say "no, haven't used it in years."

I don't even have an HDTV in my home. However, if my wife said I could go to the store and buy a Philips HDTV, I wouldn't bother.

Come on, bite the bullit and join the rest of us and go for the latest and greatest. You will be helping the economy. After all, why should you be the only person with a $0 balance on the credit card? VCR???? what's that? Oh, the first models were Sony...and cost a lot of $$$$$'s and were head and shoulders better than the rest. The thing that spelled their doom was not enough record time vs VHS....So, not all better ideas survive.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)