2 hdtvs off of one 722

flynlw

Original poster
Jun 15, 2013
United States
Ok, so I have 2 722 recievers connected to 2 hdtvs. just bought a third tv, and was wondering if there is any godly way to connect the 3rd tv off of 1 of the 722s?
I am trying to avoid new boxes at any cost. Dont want to spend more money, do hoping for another solutions. if you have any ideas please let me know...thanks.

TV2 output. Coax just like cable TV only with a choice of only 2 channels at a time. Dual mode, of course.

Posted Using The New SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Only by having an extended HDMI or Component/audio cable to the extra TV. You must watch the same program on each TV set up this way. It might be time to look at a Hopper Joey solution....

Yep. HDMI splitter or similar - or look at Hopper & Hopper With Sling.

Posted Using The New SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Yep very long HDMI or Compos cable - you can get kits to send the HDMI thru Cat5 to be cheaper but you are watching the same feed at that point. No matter what you do you will spend more money. Keep in mind going to hopper/joey setup isn't always the best either as it may require a complete rewire of home just to make it work.

Another alternative is the Sling Adapter to a fairly racy PC. The Sling Adapter is the only way to get HD out of TV2.

Ugg, seems like no easy solution. What exactly is Joey, and what's its purpose? So if I go hopper I can loose both 722? Thanks all
Joey is an access for additional TVs to the Hopper. I have three HDTVs...One Hopper, two Joeys. Think of the Hopper as the main frame, Joeys the access points.

I have 2 HWS's and 3 Joey;s plus an ota module for each HWS. That gives me 6 Dish tuners plus 2 ota tuners. Each HWS and Joey can see recordings on either Hopper, but not the ehd attached to the HWS. Each HWS can have 2 ehd's mounted at the same time. If you watch a lot of Prime Time network shows, the Hopper can dedicate 1 tuner to record all of the big 4 on 1 tuner, leaving 2 for other feeds.

Going with a Hopper is going to cost more and he is looking to spend less. Dump one of the 722 and go with 2 211's and you would save yourself $3 a month.

Going with a Hopper is going to cost more and he is looking to spend less. Dump one of the 722 and go with 2 211's and you would save yourself $3 a month.
What am I overlooking? If he has two 722's then he is paying $0 for the first 722 and $17/month for that second 722. With Hopper / Joey he would pay $0 for the Hopper and $14/month for the two Joeys. That's $3 LESS per month. What did I leave out?

What am I overlooking? If he has two 722's then he is paying $0 for the first 722 and $17/month for that second 722. With Hopper / Joey he would pay $0 for the Hopper and $14/month for the two Joeys. That's $3 LESS per month. What did I leave out?

The $12 DVR fee that's associated with that Hopper....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts