2 Hdtvs to the 622

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

tigerfan33

Pub Member / Supporter
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 12, 2007
Alabama
I know you guys have covered this on here. I need to see if I can hook up 2 hdtvs to the 622. I would use hdmi and component. I need to know the max. length to go with either before lossing picture quality and to see what the cost for materials and labor. Dish has been no help, telling me it cannot be done. I guess it depends which csr you talk to. Thanks.

p.s. without this website us dish people would be totally in the dark!!!!

I believe you can hook up 2 HDTV sets to the 622, one with HDMI and one with components. However, both would be considered "TV1" and thus you could not watch different channels at the same time with the two TVs (i.e. you watching baseball in the bedroom and wife watching hgtv in the family room). You'd need to get an remote control repeater in order to control the second TV.
I've heard 50 feet is about all you'd want to do as far as length of cable goes.

I believe you can hook up 2 HDTV sets to the 622, one with HDMI and one with components. However, both would be considered "TV1" and thus you could not watch different channels at the same time with the two TVs (i.e. you watching baseball in the bedroom and wife watching hgtv in the family room). You'd need to get an remote control repeater in order to control the second TV.
I've heard 50 feet is about all you'd want to do as far as length of cable goes.

You don't need a second remote as long as you use single user mode with the shared view enabled. TV2 remote will work the tv in separate room under this configuration. If you use dual user mode, the tv2 remote will not work.

Just from vague memory, HDMI is about 50 ft, I believe, but you can add a repeater. Component is further, maybe 100'.

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong. Just priming the pump.

Just from vague memory, HDMI is about 50 ft, I believe, but you can add a repeater. Component is further, maybe 100'.

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong. Just priming the pump.

Thanks for the help. I am sure the hdmi is more expensive. Would it be more difficult to run the component?? I read somewhere that I would need to buy a remote kit if I did run it. How much would the 100ft.cable and remote kit be along with labor. I would think it would not take no more than 45 min. to an hour.

I have also heard of people making component cables with L/R stereo audio by putting RCA plugs on the end of 5 RG-6 coaxial cables, purportedly works great.

Check MonoPrice for HDMI. 100' HDMI ranges from $91 to $104. Also have a 135 ft. HDMI, so maybe my estimates were off.

100' component 5 conductor is about $40.

I have also heard of people making component cables with L/R stereo audio by putting RCA plugs on the end of 5 RG-6 coaxial cables, purportedly works great.

Check MonoPrice for HDMI. 100' HDMI ranges from $91 to $104. Also have a 135 ft. HDMI, so maybe my estimates were off.

100' component 5 conductor is about $40.

But don't forget the audio cables if you use the component.

I have one of my 622s driving a TV 90' away on component. I do use an amplifier though.

I really appreciate all of the help.Unfortunatly I cannot get my local people who install Dish to understand what I am trying to do. They keep telling me that you cannot hook 2 tvs to the 622 for hdmi and component. I know you can because I have hooked one up to both and because you guys have told me you can. Anyone I can talk to locally(I am close to Birmingham, Alabama) to help get this done .

I did it myself, ran a bundle of RG6 cable between the 2 sets, 3 video, 2 audio, a bit overkill but I had a ton of cable on hand.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)