2 hopper 3 joey install requires 2 dishes

darrengs

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 13, 2012
NJ
I am a new Dish customer as of today, I jumped ship for DirecTV after they bungled a customer service issue.

In any event today the installer installed my setup of 2 hoppers and 3 joeys. He installed 2 dishes and told me that it is required because with 2 hoppers and 3 joeys the hoppers will get confused. Is this true? I ask because I wanted this setup with the knowledge that the Hoppers will be updated at some point to see each other, and now that will not happen.

very strange. i have installed several dual hopper systems on one dish and as far as i know they see each other fine.
i can only guess that he either didnot have a dual node to make it work, or he is uninformed.

you don't need 2 dishes...you just need one which is a 1000.2 LNB. tech just needed to run a dual node to handle your setup

You should have them come back and do it correctly, unless you don't mind having more crap on your roof than you actually require.

If they give you a hard time about it, tell them you won't give them 5's, or 0's or whatever the high grade is, on the telephone survey. (I assume you didn't already do that, if you had questions about the installation.)

Wow, promptly call Dish and have this tech dinged for ignorance. I have 2 Hoppers and 2 Joeys on my 1000.2 just fine. Even for 2 Hoppers and 3 Joeys it is really simple. Here, this is how it should be set up: http://www.satelliteguys.us/attachment.php?attachmentid=73905&d=1328637427

Just remove a tap and you're good to go.

This is how mine is set up: http://www.satelliteguys.us/attachment.php?attachmentid=73906&d=1328637429 Used isolators because I don't want to share between Hoppers. If I ever do, I can simply remove the isolators and hook the Joeys to the client ports of the duo node.

He told me that there are known issues and they are requiring him to install 2 dishes. I have to say that if he did not have the correct equipment and lied to me I am quite disappointed. How can I identify the type of dishes he mounted?

darrengs said:
He told me that there are known issues and they are requiring him to install 2 dishes. I have to say that if he did not have the correct equipment and lied to me I am quite disappointed. How can I identify the type of dishes he mounted?

There was another thread about this a while back. Satjay got two dishes and two single noads. You should have one dish and one duo node.

From a Joey press menu, settings, network setup, whole home. You should be able to see the hopper you are linked to. You should also be able to see the other hopper here but it should say unlinked. If you can't see both hoppers integration won't work once it is available.

Contact a dirt member. They will make someone come back out and fix this. Do not just accept this install.

How do I contact a DiRT Member??

Click the forum button and scroll all the way to the bottom. Their names are listed in the bottom. One Dirt member is currently online. Just click his name and send him a private message explaining the situation and give him the phone number listed on your account.

On one of your Hoppers, press the YELLOW button on your remote twice. Then click on "Check Switch." At the top, it will tell you "Single Node" or "Duo Node" and it will also list the switch behind the node. What switch is it indicating?

On one of your Hoppers, press the YELLOW button on your remote twice. Then click on "Check Switch." At the top, it will tell you "Single Node" or "Duo Node" and it will also list the switch behind the node. What switch is it indicating?

DPP-EA-2

There was another thread about this a while back. Satjay got two dishes and two single noads. You should have one dish and one duo node.

From a Joey press menu, settings, network setup, whole home. You should be able to see the hopper you are linked to. You should also be able to see the other hopper here but it should say unlinked. If you can't see both hoppers integration won't work once it is available.

Contact a dirt member. They will make someone come back out and fix this. Do not just accept this install.

Yes, call and contact DIRT!

No need for the second dish and as you saw your Joey cant see the hoppers, which is a big plus of the system, plus as much as i like satellite not a fan of two dishes on a roof.

As your read happened to me, thanks to the satelite guys for pointing this out to me when I had the problem!

My issue after a few attempts at changing the duo node was a bad LNB

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts