2 Hopper with Sling Install

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Tech didn't know about the HIC fix until I told him. He installed the HIC and it immediately showed other Hopper and MoCa turned green under diagnostics. He said he'd never seen that before but would let rest of his team know as it was a fast fix. Thank you all for the great information and making this a productive tech visit.

Since the work around is adding a Joey in the system and now we see that a HIC also corrects it, it appears that a client device needs to be in the network for it to communicate properly until the fix is released via sw.

Just curious, can an HIC be used as an ethernet client to the MOCA network ( assuming MOCA has router connection elsewhere ) ? I can see where some folks could better use a MOCA client vs ethernet/HomePlug/WiFi in some cases for a PC or whatever. I know some networking companies have MOCA products like that, but whether they would work with the Dish MOCA is another question.

Just curious, can an HIC be used as an ethernet client to the MOCA network ( assuming MOCA has router connection elsewhere ) ? I can see where some folks could better use a MOCA client vs ethernet/HomePlug/WiFi in some cases for a PC or whatever. I know some networking companies have MOCA products like that, but whether they would work with the Dish MOCA is another question.

I read a post a while back regarding someone who tried this and it did work for them.

Last edited:
I know AT&T u-verse will actually work this way. If the box is hooked up via coax, you can plug something into the Ethernet port on the cable box and it works as a Ethernet bridge onto the coax network.

HIC can be used in that manner but not the Hopper/Joey.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Forum Runner

There were no isolators, just the duo node and no terminators on the client ports.
I cannot get to the System Info part of the Diagnostics during PrimeTime Anytime, so I will have to check on that after the timer completes.
When I go to Network Setup -> Whole Home, it lists the other Hopper as a Detected Device.
No terminations on the node's client ports will likely cause problems. MOCA relies on terminations on all "ends" to the network. If not, reflections will likely disrupt communications. I can't explain why adding the HIC made things work unless it changed the network enough to allow communications.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)