2 hoppers

I have both of my Hoppers on Internet thru the Hopper Internet Connector. I have zero problems. I did notice when the Tech was here last week, he disabled Bridging. I see no difference when it is enabled or disabled. Am I missing something?
I think Bridging is only required when you are using a single hopper for your Internet connection. Whether it's Ethernet or WiFi.

If you have a dish Internet connection kit it's already feeding internet to your whole system.

Reactions: navychop
The HIC serves as the bridge for the MoCA so no need to bridge the system. Sometimes you will see errors like watching between the two hoppers if HIC and bridged.

I have both of my Hoppers on Internet thru the Hopper Internet Connector. I have zero problems. I did notice when the Tech was here last week, he disabled Bridging. I see no difference when it is enabled or disabled. Am I missing something?
I was connecting directly to the Hopper rather than using an HIC. Ran both Hopper 2000s without problems for most of a year with bridging enable. Then started to get problems like a recording would change channels in the middle of the recording, and it was always to a channel a Joey was watching. Seems like there were some other problems, but this was the most common. When I posted it on here, someone went right to internet connection and bridging. Skeptically, I changed and that solved the problem. Haven't seen it in over a year. YMMV.

I don't see any difference with Bridging enabled or disabled. A little side note here. A few years ago and many software changes ago, I used to try to enable Bridging. The Hopper would not allow it. Every time I would try to enable it and hit "save", it would default to "disabled".

Bottom line, why even make Bridging a selectable option when your system is connected thru MOCA? Am I still missing something?

Not everyone will be affected, but I can tell you from personal experience, bridging makes the difference. Simple software is my bet on why making it available. Universal, and easier to screw up.

Me still in a fog over Bridging. Maybe someday it'll hit me and I'll see a reason.

dimcmurr, I think I see what you mean about hookin two Hoppers to the Internet. A conflict will occur when using two separate Internet connections to each Hopper and MOCA at the same time.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)