2 LNBFs on a 18" dish. How do you do it?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

ken2400

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 4, 2004
Central NY State
I was goinng to try to put two LNBF's on a 18" dish. I know the signal will not be as good as a 20" dish 500 BUT wanted to try. Any ideas on how to set it up?

Thanks

The easiest way is to zip tie a 2nd LNB to the side of the LNB on the dish, or you can use duck tape. Best to hold the LNB in position first and see if you can find the signal first to give you an idea of the spacing needed between the LNB.
Good Luck with the project!

I am going for both 110 119 and 82 91. I have four dishs and I am running out of room.

Thanks for info so far. Now to get some large zip-ties. Maybe some wire would work. Have to start playing around. I did read I should get one in well then find where to put the other one. IE Get 110 on the main one then find 119 for the second.

WJMorales said:
What two locations are you trying to acquire?

There aren't any channels on those satellites. Unless you just want movie previews.

Can someone please close this thread, it's getting close to hack talk? Since there are only barkers on those sats.

There is a lot more than that! I scan these satellites ALL the time! Recently I picked up CBC from Canada, Euronews and various radio channels not to mention the local channels that were FTA for the last month on E110, no hack talk here Kenny is doing what we all do.

Thanks you PSB. I hope more people check out what is on these Sats. Today I will be checking some radio shows on CBC radio, 91W. Scan at 12 Noon to find the Science show.

Also this two LNB is on hold until the temp get above 0 F

Ken
PSB said:
There is a lot more than that! I scan these satellites ALL the time! Recently I picked up CBC from Canada, Euronews and various radio channels not to mention the local channels that were FTA for the last month on E110, no hack talk here Kenny is doing what we all do.

bcope9 said:
Can someone please close this thread, it's getting close to hack talk? Since there are only barkers on those sats.

not closing it.
Although I don't know Kenny personally (we dont send x-mas cards to each other), he is just a "playing around with stuff" kind of guy. There are some stuff on those satellites that are FTA

I personally have 82 & 91 on a DirecPC dish (aimed at 95)
91 has radio stations from Canada (Power 97 rules!!)
82 had CBC on it for a couple weeks

Also have 110 & 119 on a 30" with 123
119 has audio (lots of it)
110 has Gol TV (not my forte, but what the hell)

Yes, its limited..but for us legal folks, its just fun

Thanks Iceberg. Well the temps went up to 20 F so I did some messing around in the attic and this is what I found.

There are a number of ways to do this. One way is to stager the LNBFs with the dish flat the other is to put them side by side and tilt the dish. Kinda of the way a Dish 500 is made. I think tilting the dish worked the best for me. I was getting like 80 on 110 and 70 on 119. A little low BUT I can work with it. Note I started this by pointing the dish to 110 to get the best quality and went from there.

Other findings. I held a third LNBF off to the other side and the signal meter said I was getting something. Most likely 101W BUT not sure because I did not not have a DTV receiver to tell me it was. I then moved the LNBF more to the right, with me behind the dish, and received 91W It was only 50 so it was kinda marginal.

Still fun to do tho. I also say on Ebay a guy selling some brackets to turn a 18" dish into a Dish 500 for like $20 + S&H.

Iceberg said:
not closing it.
Although I don't know Kenny personally (we don't send x-mas cards to each other), he is just a "playing around with stuff" kind of guy. There are some stuff on those satellites that are FTA

I personally have 82 & 91 on a DirecPC dish (aimed at 95)
91 has radio stations from Canada (Power 97 rules!!)
82 had CBC on it for a couple weeks

Also have 110 & 119 on a 30" with 123
119 has audio (lots of it)
110 has Gol TV (not my forte, but what the hell)

Yes, its limited..but for us legal folks, its just fun

Attachments

• dish18twolnb.JPG
    dish18twolnb.JPG
    240.9 KB · Views: 203
  • twolnbs.JPG
    twolnbs.JPG
    153.8 KB · Views: 231
those brackets seem expensive. you can do it for MUCH cheaper :)

How is it holding together? duct tape??

ken
hose clamps work real good to put 2 LNB's together.

Bought a whole bunch for .99 each at the hardware store and they are reusable :)

GREAT idea Iceberg. I will have to stop tonight and get some. I am using the silver foil tape you get for duct work BUT I know the clamps will hold up MUCH longer.

Thanks

Iceberg said:
ken
hose clamps work real good to put 2 LNB's together.

Bought a whole bunch for .99 each at the hardware store and they are reusable :)

from right to left
dummy
dummy
I dont know why, but I had to put a LNB between 82 & 91 for it to work...I'm going to replace it with a piece of wood
95 for G3 (NoDakota Hockey) :D
The other dummy is what would be 101 (If it was aimed at DirecPC 99)

A picture is worth 1000 words. Getting any ideas?
Off E-bay $25 buy it now price.

Attachments

• e1_1_b.JPG
    e1_1_b.JPG
    19.3 KB · Views: 208
When I tried

to get 110 and 119... For my Pansat.. This worked. But so little on them I changed it....

Attachments

• 110 119 pansat.jpg
    110 119 pansat.jpg
    7.3 KB · Views: 200
This tread

funny i ask for a simple answer and i get banned this guy is asking for setup on this bird and they answer him. ICEBERG It will be nice really read peoples post before closing treads or banning them.Then the user have to send msgs to you about banning and you dont take time in reply ..You have a good forum here but banning peoples ID for no reason is crazy ..

hack question

Now tell me this is not a hack ? but my post get delete look a the pic with a pansat ird come on dudes ...there fta on those birds ..

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts