2 lnb's and 1 dish Help

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Lucky53

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 5, 2006
Currently watching G-19.. 97Deg.with a 30 in. dish Ku..I want to add a second lnb to this dish to get SES 1 at 101deg..Looking at the dish and lnb from the front ,which side of the 97Deg.lnb to I place the new lnb to get SES1..on the left or right?? I'm in Western Canada ( B.C.)..my Long is 119w..Thanks.

Just remember that the LNB's are set up in mirror-image to the position of the corrisponding satellite.From behind the dish,101 is west of 97 so the 101 LNB will be EAST of the 97 LNB.You may not be able to get the 2 LNB's close enough together to get both.A star Choice twin LNB is your answer there. G'luck

Just remember that the LNB's are set up in mirror-image to the position of the corrisponding satellite.From behind the dish,101 is west of 97 so the 101 LNB will be EAST of the 97 LNB.You may not be able to get the 2 LNB's close enough together to get both.A star Choice twin LNB is your answer there. G'luck

It looks like the starchoice twin lnb only works on a eliptial dish of starchoices..mine is a 80cm round..

Correct. The StarChoice Monoblock will only work on their dish. The two satellite signals will not correctly converge from your reflector into the StarChoice monoblock.

You will be very disappointed with the performance of the eBay monoblock LNBF on your dish. Monoblocks are designed for a generic look angle and a generic dish. You cannot independently adjust the LNBF skew or Focal distance for optimum performance.

Don't waste your money! :eek: You will have much better signal Quality with an adjustable 2 LNBF clamp mount and two LNBFs.

BTW.... GEOSATpro SL1 and SL2 - Bullet LNBFs are designed for side by side mounting to achieve four degree spacing. WescoPC posted a thread on his project to mount two SL1 LNBFs for 2 degree satellite spacing!

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.