2 more 722 questions.

tcpuccio1

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 4, 2007
Lancaster, NY
Okay. I just bought a plat panel LCD tv to go on TV2 output for my 722.

Question #1 The TV is an off brand and it's not listed as having remote address in the back of the dish manual. I tried the auto scan feature until my fingers were tired and it wouldn't turn off the TV I tried it 2 times and it didn't work.. Now what?

Question#2 I have another flat panel TV on my old 508 receiver upstairs in my house and that receiver as well as my new 722 has an off air antenna input going into the back of the receivers. The 508 when it's not on still outputs the analog and digital channels in my area. So when the dish is off that flat panel TV will get 2-1 HD etc.... I tried autopogramming the new LCD tv off the tv2 output and it will not pick up any channels other than channel 60. What am I doing wrong or is that al this unit will do? It would be nice to get the locals on this new TV even know it's a 19" it's 720 Hd. Any ideas? I tried both air and cable options on the TV auto program and it doesn't see the over the air channels. On tuner #1 of the 722 it sees them all and they show up in the program guide as 2-1 7-1 etc...

Thanks in advance as always ;)

Okay. I just bought a plat panel LCD tv to go on TV2 output for my 722.

Question #1 The TV is an off brand and it's not listed as having remote address in the back of the dish manual. I tried the auto scan feature until my fingers were tired and it wouldn't turn off the TV I tried it 2 times and it didn't work.. Now what?

Question#2 I have another flat panel TV on my old 508 receiver upstairs in my house and that receiver as well as my new 722 has an off air antenna input going into the back of the receivers. The 508 when it's not on still outputs the analog and digital channels in my area. So when the dish is off that flat panel TV will get 2-1 HD etc.... I tried autopogramming the new LCD tv off the tv2 output and it will not pick up any channels other than channel 60. What am I doing wrong or is that al this unit will do? It would be nice to get the locals on this new TV even know it's a 19" it's 720 Hd. Any ideas? I tried both air and cable options on the TV auto program and it doesn't see the over the air channels. On tuner #1 of the 722 it sees them all and they show up in the program guide as 2-1 7-1 etc...

Thanks in advance as always ;)

Question 1 answer: Good thing about this is that I believe there was a thread here that mentioned a 2*.0 remote that has a learning feature. I don't remember the thread or where it was but it will learn the features of your tv. Nice touch, I thought.

Question 2 answer: I believe the 722 only has one OTA that would work TV1 only. (I may be mistakin on this one)

Q1: Call Dish, they may have some specific numbers to try.
Q2: The 508 allows pass thru when shut off, the 722 does not. You can use two standand splitters, split the ota before it enters the 722, and then use the second splitter in reverse (works as a combiner) with the rf out for tv2. This will send both tv2 and ota to the second tv as long as the second tv has the digital tuner.

confused. . .

Okay On question 2 you lost me. use the splitter for ota where it comes out for TV2 and another one at tv2? backwards? do I ned to run a second coax to tv2? for the splitter? Tes the new TV2 has a digital tuner. I'm just a bit confused on how may cables i need I have plenty of just cheapo splitters laying around the house. and plenty of coax as well.

Okay On question 2 you lost me. use the splitter for ota where it comes out for TV2 and another one at tv2? backwards? do I ned to run a second coax to tv2? for the splitter? Tes the new TV2 has a digital tuner. I'm just a bit confused on how may cables i need I have plenty of just cheapo splitters laying around the house. and plenty of coax as well.

You need to split the OTA signal with one going to the 722 antenna in and the other to a combiner for the signals to TV2. For the combiner you need to combine the TV2 output from the 722 and your OTA signal with a splitter. The TV2 output goes into one of the two "outs" and the OTA signal is fed into the other "out". Then the "in" port is attached to the cable going to TV2. Now you have both the TV2 output from the 722 and your OTA signal combined and sent to TV2. Make sure the channel you're using for the TV2 output doesn't conflict with any of the OTA channels numbers.

splitters

So just the plain old run of the mill splitters will work for this? not a "Combiner" I have one of those from radio shack and it just made the picture on tv 2 fuzzy. will that may splitters effect the picture quality? I know if you use $1.00 splitters from the dollar store it will but decent quality ones will work okay?

Also thanks for the link to the remote programming. My LCD tv isstill not listed in that one. If anyone knows what the codes for a Dynex tv are let me know please..

Dynex is Best buys store brand. It's really a nice quality LCD tv for $199.00 I got it on sale last week. It looks better then an old fashon CRT TV I had in it's place..

The $1.00 splitters should work fine, I used 2 from Walmart.

The 21.0 remote will solve your TV control problem. Order one from Dish for $19.99 + $5.95 shipping + tax. It can "learn" any IR device. You'll need to use the instructions posted at the top of the forum page since Dish sends 'em out without any.:rolleyes: I looked and they don't show any codes for Dynex but you can set it up via learning. Good luck.

Ed

So just the plain old run of the mill splitters will work for this? not a "Combiner" I have one of those from radio shack and it just made the picture on tv 2 fuzzy. will that may splitters effect the picture quality? I know if you use $1.00 splitters from the dollar store it will but decent quality ones will work okay?

Also thanks for the link to the remote programming. My LCD tv isstill not listed in that one. If anyone knows what the codes for a Dynex tv are let me know please..

Dynex is Best buys store brand. It's really a nice quality LCD tv for $199.00 I got it on sale last week. It looks better then an old fashon CRT TV I had in it's place..

Yes regular splitters for combining OTA and the TV2 output. Turn a splitter around and it's a combiner for signals in the same spectrum. There is some loss of signal anytime you split a signal. There is also signal loss with really long cable runs.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)