2 More Weeks!!

DarrellP

I Think, therefore, I am.
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Nov 6, 2003
Salem, OR
:D Come Monday, March is only 2 weeks away, so we can finally officially say "2 More Weeks till the DVR & more HD programming comes our way". :D Give or take 2 weeks, that is. ;)

They never said it would be out March 1st, just in March. :)

BTW I am hearing the DVR is coming along VERY nicely. :D

Hang in there good things are going to come. :)

It must drive you crazy to be hearing so many voices.....

:)

Well...Scott didn't say he was "Joan of Arc" but if he hears voices...I believe him.

Scott Greczkowski said:
They never said it would be out March 1st, just in March. :)

BTW I am hearing the DVR is coming along VERY nicely. :D

Hang in there good things are going to come. :)

I cant wait for the DVR....Im very happy that VOOM is still alive. Any more rumors on rental options for the DVR?

Not so fast,,,

DarrellP said:
:D Come Monday, March is only 2 weeks away, so we can finally officially say "2 More Weeks till the DVR & more HD programming comes our way". :D Give or take 2 weeks, that is. ;)

I spoke with a CSR yesterday, who seemed fairly informed, that said Voom's new sat will be launched next month.

But when I asked for any new info on the DVR she said it is looking more like mid-year rather than March. She said increased memory for the HD content is to blame. It was unclear if she meant HDD space or System memory.

Not surprising. But with the news on Dolan's VOOM buyout, I'm much happier than I've been since Jan. 20th. I'm just glad I won't have to switch to D* or E* for HD content.

Umm, there is now new sat to be launched in the next month... They are leasing space on AMC-6 that already exisits......

As others have said...CSR's are not a reliable source and often mix up various facts and come up with a new one out of left field. The new satellites are just being designed and the first is not ready for launch for a long time if ever. Most likely, she was referering the existing satellite they have lease space on.

It's the service (new programming) that will be launched, not the satellite! ;)

Well I guess she could also be wrong about the DVR. CSRs what would we do without 'em?

Howaraj1013 said:
She said increased memory for the HD content is to blame. It was unclear if she meant HDD space or System memory.
This could be good news, maybe it means less compression? :D

BFG, you have a good Avatar for yourself. Little kittens love to pounce immediately on anythink that moves, and you sure do love to pounce on any good news we get about VOOM and try to shread it to pieces, LOL!!!!

Just beware that in the CAT families, (Tigers, Lions and pussycats) little kittens always need to fear a strange male adult cat, because the instinct of that male is to kill kittens that arn't his own. Better keep looking over your back BFG, because you do not belong to our Happy VOOM family of cats on this forum!!!!

Maybe I should let my Beagle loose...

richard_rd said:
BFG, you have a good Avatar for yourself. Little kittens love to pounce immediately on anythink that moves, and you sure do love to pounce on any good news we get about VOOM and try to shread it to pieces, LOL!!!!

Just beware that in the CAT families, (Tigers, Lions and pussycats) little kittens always need to fear a strange male adult cat, because the instinct of that male is to kill kittens that arn't his own. Better keep looking over your back BFG, because you do not belong to our Happy VOOM family of cats on this forum!!!!
...his name is Boomer (named long before I was a Voomer!), and he'd love to get ahold of a nice little kitty, or a snide little skunk or raccoon, or whatever... :p

Vicki said:
...his name is Boomer (named long before I was a Voomer!), and he'd love to get ahold of a nice little kitty, or a snide little skunk or raccoon, or whatever... :p
I like BFG (Boomer). Even though he/she/it? called one of my recent posts "stupid", he/she/it? always puts an interesting spin and sometimes brings me back to earth. We need a little dose of humility sometimes when we get on a rant. And his avatar is one of my favorites. Like a cute little kitty...reach down to pet him and get the cr*p scratched out of you. :yikes

Oops!! I wasn't clear...

ddlsmith said:
I like BFG (Boomer). Even though he/she/it? called one of my recent posts "stupid", he/she/it? always puts an interesting spin and sometimes brings me back to earth. We need a little dose of humility sometimes when we get on a rant. And his avatar is one of my favorites. Like a cute little kitty...reach down to pet him and get the cr*p scratched out of you. :yikes
I have no idea what BFG's name is...it's my Beagle who is named Boomer. And he just loves to chase critters... :) I've never tried to pet BFG, but I'll heed your warning!! :shocked Vicki

i heard mid year also

Howaraj1013 said:
I spoke with a CSR yesterday, who seemed fairly informed, that said Voom's new sat will be launched next month.

But when I asked for any new info on the DVR she said it is looking more like mid-year rather than March. She said increased memory for the HD content is to blame. It was unclear if she meant HDD space or System memory.

Not surprising. But with the news on Dolan's VOOM buyout, I'm much happier than I've been since Jan. 20th. I'm just glad I won't have to switch to D* or E* for HD content.

from a csr from voom

Howaraj1013 said:

If they are going to truly postpone the DVR, I wish they would publically say so. I'm waiting to move to Voom because I currently am with DirecTV and have a UltimateTV DVR. I do not want to be without the capabilities of a DVR therefore just can't pull the Voom trigger. I want too, but cannot until the DVR is real.

Dont care what people "think" or "assume". Just the facts please. And voom is not offering any facts on the dvr release. When their website says "voom dvr now available", then I'll believe the dvr is here. I cant believe how these posts can drag on with wishful hopeful thinking only to be shot down when its just forum smoke.

Who needs the DVR at the moment? I love Voom so don't get me wrong here. I am only making an observation. If you are concerned with time shifting that is one thing the DVR is the answer to. If you are trying to save a program to watch it again why bother? It will be shown over and over and over in a couple of months time span. There is only so much HD original programming being produced right now and I believe we as Voomers get to see it all, multiple times.

The DVR WILL come and when it does I am certain it will be one hell of a piece of fine engineering. Just remember Voom has always been on the bleeding cutting edge of things and I am sure we will all be impressed when the DVR does finally roll out.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts