2 motors, 1 receiver

Status
Please reply by conversation.

intuitionsys

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 17, 2006
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Is there any convenient way to control two different motors with one receiver? I have a 90cm Fortec on an HH90 and a 1m Gospell I'd like to put on an SG2100 and replace the crappy LNB that came with the Gospell with a QPH-031 like I have on the Fortec. Would it be too obtuse to control two motors with one receiver or should I just get a crap receiver off eBay to spin the other dish?

well the good thing about a second receiver is both setups can watch different shows. you could even set it up so both could watch each others shows. just a thought.

With a second receiver, could a channel 3 or channel 4 combiner recombine the signals so that you only have one coax going in to the vcr or tv, or would it have to be an a/b switch setup?

Since you want to be a mad scientist, get a audio/video switcher w/remote control. I'm using a 6 input unit to switch between 4 sat stb's and a DVD player, all going to the TV . It cost about $90 at BestBuy and works well. Component in/out, as well as svideo, composite, and rd outputs. I've had to put number labels on my stb's to keep them straight, but it makes an easy job of it to switch back and forth.
Someday, ( maybe Christmas ) I'll have a multi input TV with PIP, but that's up to the boss of the house, not me !

As to "crap receiver" off of ebay, my Classic NA ( best motor control box I've got ) cost me $50 including shipping off ebay. It's my "gold standard " for reliability , so far. I'd love to get a Mercury II, but probably not while my wife can see so many boxes stacked on the TV .

:)

Brent

Last edited:
I'm doing something similar with my other hardware. I have a really really good Sony SVHS deck with lots of inputs that I've been using as a video switcher. It also has a good (reasonably powerful) CH3/4 modulator that sends the selected signal to the rest of the TVs in the house (we're only concerned with quality in the home theatre). I have RF repeaters on two of the TVs so they can be controlled "locally".

Of course you'd never buy a new SVHS deck nowadays so a good video switcher is the way to go, preferrably one that can do component/HDMI but that would be pretty expensive if they even exist.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)