2 new birds? when is the planned launch

Status
Please reply by conversation.

eatonjb

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Nov 26, 2006
so whens the two new 100 chan HD birds going up? and whos launching them.

is there a time frame.

launch - test - deploy!

also, that 5 lnb dish that I have, are there sats in the 2 new positions now? are they being replaced with better sats with more bandwith, or are these 2 new ones going to sit next to the current ones and share space, (Ka? or something )

thx.
e..b

The two newest, DirecTV10 and DirecTV11, will be launched by summer 2007.

The "100 channels" are not any direct reference to those two new satellites. Simply that afterward they (DirecTV) will have a total capacity to deliver 1500 HD locals and 150 HD nationals; all subject to being available and them having carriage agreements (contracts) in place. They are aggressively predicting 100 by the end of 2007.

Yes, both Spaceway1 (102.8°w) & Spaceway2 (99.2°w) are launched, operational and have Ka Band, MPEG4 signals. AND no, DirecTV 10 & DirecTV11 will not be replacing these two Spaceways, as they are also brand-spanking new.

yet they raise prices in advance. LOL

Isn't this the "traditional" time of the year to raise prices for both D* and E*? If so, why complain about it? After all, their costs have gone up, haven't they? Oh, I know now why you are complaining, you are Vurbano!

The two newest, DirecTV10 and DirecTV11, will be launched by summer 2007.

The "100 channels" are not any direct reference to those two new satellites. Simply that afterward they (DirecTV) will have a total capacity to deliver 1500 HD locals and 150 HD nationals; all subject to being available and them having carriage agreements (contracts) in place. They are aggressively predicting 100 by the end of 2007.

Yes, both Spaceway1 (102.8°w) & Spaceway2 (99.2°w) are launched, operational and have Ka Band, MPEG4 signals. AND no, DirecTV 10 & DirecTV11 will not be replacing these two Spaceways, as they are also brand-spanking new.

I really hope for D*'s sake they get them up as planned :(

Yep, lets hope the launch facilities don't get hosed as normal and start bumping people. SeaLaunch will be good, Arianespace always makes me worry.

I am currently not a DirecTV subscriber, but if I was to purchase the DirecTV Plus HD DVR, does that include the right satellite dish so that I will not have to upgrade to a newer and bigger one, once DirecTV 10 and DirecTV11 are fully operational? Thanks...

I am currently not a DirecTV subscriber, but if I was to purchase the DirecTV Plus HD DVR, does that include the right satellite dish so that I will not have to upgrade to a newer and bigger one, once DirecTV 10 and DirecTV11 are fully operational? Thanks...

The dish doesn't come with the receiver, but Directv will likely supply one at no cost to you when they install it.

Yes, the current 5-LNB dish that you would most likely get with the DirecTV Plus HD DVR will work with D*10 and 11. No new dish will be needed.

so whens the two new 100 chan HD birds going up? and whos launching them.

is there a time frame.

launch - test - deploy!

also, that 5 lnb dish that I have, are there sats in the 2 new positions now? are they being replaced with better sats with more bandwith, or are these 2 new ones going to sit next to the current ones and share space, (Ka? or something )

thx.
e..b

http://www.boeing.com/defense-space/space/bss/launch/launch_sched.html

there is a launch schedule

What about PLUS wasn't read? How much will that add up to over the life of the sats? PLUS the depreciation that they will take on them. And those new packages are going to go into effect when? March 1 correct? What happens if, heaven forbid, if those sats either don't ever make it to orbit or they get delayed several months? Think that they will delay the price increase on those new packages? Yeah right!!!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)