2 New HD Channels?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
I agree with Universal HD. My second guess would be ESPN 2. I really do not see any other channels being offered except those.

Whatever the two new additions are they will probably be included in the HD pack, possibly with a price increase from $6 per month.

I hope you are right. Being a sports fan I look forward to getting ESPN2 HD. Being someone fairly new to Brighthouse I was surprised to find out Brighthouse doesn't carry Florida Fox Sports net.

NBA-HD and UniversalHD.

Very confident on NBA-HD. Universal makes sense as they already had it on for US Open.

ESPN-2 I highly doubt as it would have been included in the very hard negotiations from last Fall.

in my network of sources, my understanding is no new hi-def yet. i think bhn's big project right now is going all digital. that will free up bandwith and then maybe, more channels.

In Tampabay Area-

They already have a channel labelled as NBA-HD if you do a QAM Scan with a QAM Tuner.

They also have a channrel 650 defined - no idea what that is supposed to be.

Of course, NOC is horrible about changing channel labels and getting them correct on BHN - especially for non-SA devices.

i've asked about the nba=hd channel but haven't gotten an answer yet, other than it might be a preview for league pass.

are u getting nba-tv? that's on the sports pak, which i don't sub too but am getting this channel. think it has something to do with the fact, i'm getting hd.......think the two are related.

curious about your 650 though since our channel numbers are different in the orlando-daytona area.

603-632 's are the OTA channels at this point - though that will clearly expand out to at least 644 and 666, lol. Paxson has to love that designation.

Discovery HD Theater was part of freebie HDTV with Digital Box so they put that at 690.

They put premium subscription HBO-HD at 700 and Showtime-HD at 701.

They then decided to build a HD Package they sold for an additional amount ($5 or $6 as I recall) that included:

703 INHD
704 INHD2
705 HDNET
706 HDNET Movies

707 was added for ESPN-HD in the HD Package.

They added TNT-HD at 691, but I believe (though not sure) that it is part of the free HD Package you get with a HD STB, thus the difference in the 600s and 700s. That would seem to be the only reason to put it at 691.

When Universal HD was put on for several weeks, it appeared in the Sports Tier of 540 which obviously was strange - except for the US Open Coverage.

HD PPV Movies is located at 750.

If I am not mistake the Orlando Stations are in the 1000 range.

Of course, all these channels are virtual anyway, so it has no meaning in terms of frequency.

Yup but of course every orlando station is encyrpted except the test channels, go figure... :(

BFG said:
Yup but of course every orlando station is encyrpted except the test channels, go figure... :(

Encrypted on the cable or encrypted with 5c on the firewire output?

The Tampa System had them encrypted on the 5c firewire output til I raised hell to the top about that. 5c is now off of them.

If that is the issue, it wouldn't surprise me considering what I had to do to get 5c off of the OTA stations in Tampa.

However, if you are saying they are encrypted on the QAMs, that is a major mistake and you should be able to get that corrected under the FCC rulings.

2 new hd channels

Just got off the phone with bright house and they said that the two new hd channels are going to be ESPN2HD and Showtime HD. They didnt have any date when they will be on the channel line up but they said soon.

hockeyfreak15 said:
Just got off the phone with bright house and they said that the two new hd channels are going to be ESPN2HD and Showtime HD. They didnt have any date when they will be on the channel line up but they said soon.

I don't think the user meant to say Showtime HD. I've called my only contact (who has burned me before so keep this in mind) but I'm hearing that one of those will be as said above ESPN 2 HD. The other is a deal with Starz Encore that from what I hear will include Starz HD and Starz On Demand plus the West coast SD feeds. The Starz deal is mainly being done just because Verizon has this deal in place with the west feeds, HD feed and On Demand in a package with Showtime and TMC for less than BHN charges for Starz and Encore. Remember that Starz costs 10 bucks a month and Encore costs 4 bucks a month. It has killed me that BHN has never ever carried much of Starz. In the early analog days they only had the one Starz channel. Beyond that they have never carried the west feeds like they do with the other networks.

So that makes sense to me that Starz On Demand, Starz SD west feeds, Starz HD and ESPN 2 HD would seem good. BHN can't hide those missing channels forever with Verizon coming in and the fact that Knology has Starz HD as well. I think Knology has Starz On Demand as well.

i'll check with my source......got one question answered earlier today but with the storm, i might not get a response today.

the deuce in hd would be nice. d* added it before i told them to shove their hi-def service where the sun doesn't shine!!!

nothing definite info yet. if i hear something, i'll post again.

ummm if bright house networks get these dosent that mean Time Warner will also be getting these channels?? I thought both companies were one and the same am I wrong here?

korsjs said:
it will be nice if we can get espn2 before football is up. anyword on a price increase for the hd pak?

No price increase but if the Starz stuff is added you as with the other premium channels but order the Starz package to get Starz HD and Starz On Demand. The holdup with the whole Starz deal was that Starz wanted all Starz subscribers to get Starz On Demand free while BHN wanted to option to charge an extra 6.95/month for Premiums On Demand if that customer didn't order more than 2 premium channel packages.

stuart628 said:
ummm if bright house networks get these dosent that mean Time Warner will also be getting these channels?? I thought both companies were one and the same am I wrong here?

In most cases if Time Warner Corporate makes a deal it normally passes down to Bright House Networks. But if it did occur that Bright House Networks as a seperate company made a deal that most likely would not cover Time Warner Cable. For example the whole free AOL with Road Runner that Time Warner Cable has doesn't apply for Bright House Networks Road Runner customers so that might partly answer your questions.

Consider StarzHD really isnt (very few HD titles and most of the few are upconverts), that is a real non-starter for me. I would have gladly paid for Cinemax-HD as they are showing more depth that HBO-HD, but they won't get my money on Starz-HD.