2 questions ? 4DTV Sidecar905 vs ?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

lakegazers

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Dec 6, 2007
California
I have a Forteck Star Mercury II receiver with a 4DTV 905 Motorola Sidecar. Two questions
1. What's the difference in a side car and a regular 4DTV receiver? I know the Fortec is analog and the side car is digital but......is thAT THE REASON FOR THE SIDECAR (DIGITAL CAPABILITY VS ANALOG ?

2. Is there such an LNB thats circular so I don't have to tune in the polarity on the BUD LNB ? I have a motorized polorizer, but the sidecar doesn't seem to store the LNB exact position.
PJOHNSON:confused:

the merc II is a digital DVB receiver (different type digital than the 905)
the 905 is a digital (digicipher II) its usually used with an older analog receiver to move the dish
the 4dtv (920 & 922) are analog & videocipher + digicipher II and has dish mover built in.

there is an insert for the c-band lnbf to get circular signals , i think you have to rotate it for V & H plus on most feedhorns you would have to remove the insert to receive normal signals

905 sidecar vs 922 ?

So is what your telling me is I would not need the Mercury Star II if I had the 922
pjohnson

yes you will need the Merc II. There are 2 main ways ot send the signal digitally

DVB which the Merc II and all other FTA boxes do
DCII (Digicipher II) which the 905 does

One does not get both

if you have a merc II and a 905 then actually unless your only watching one satellite all you need is something to move the big dish like an old analog receiver or a v-box (hooked up to the merc II would also move the big dish). the 905 would then pick up any dcII channels (most are subscription)

the 905 also know as a sidecar is usually mated to a older analog receiver
this gives it the ability to get analog videocipher + digicipher II signals and move the dish
it was brought out to help most owners offset the high cost of receivers usually 400-800 when they bought their old analog receivers and the 920 when it came out was in the 800-1200 range
a lot of people wouldn't make the upgrade back then because of cost so they brought out the 905 to bridge that gap. here's a link thats show the difference between the 905 & 922

Fortec Mercury II with motorola side car 905 1 ku band 1 c band all steerable

I need some help.
I have a Forteck Star Mercury II. I also have a side car Motorola 905. I
have subscriptions on both C and Ku Band. I use both C and KU band on the
Mercury II. I have a steerable Ku band dish and a steerable C band dish.
I use both on Motorola sidecar, as well as FTA channels.
I have moteck V box to control the cband dish and I use the Mercury II (
usals) to control the Ku band dish.
I have 2 splitters and a 4 port DesiQ switch.
The mercury star II only has 1 digital in and the sidecar has 2 loop thrus
1 each for Ku and C band.
question 1.
How do I wire up the sidecar and Mercury II to get both C and Ku band?
Question 2.
How do I program the Vbox to steer the Cband dish from the sidecar using Desiq, so when I call up a bird on the sidecar program guide the c band dish just goes there.
How do I program the Mercury II to steer the c band, or can I only do that with the sidecar and the Moteck V box . I am confused as to the Mercury programming of Birds because some I am using both C and Ku Band feeds.:hungry:
I want them all
Paul Johnson
pjohnson@sainte.tv

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts