2 questions from a new guy

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

ctstan

Original poster
Jun 15, 2005
Was wondering if someone could help out a brand new (48hrs) customer.

I have 4 room service from a 625 dvr and a 322 receiver - if I purchase a 522 or 625 receiver from a local source or e-bay .... will dish allow me to replace the 322 with it? I called dish twice and got 2 different answers -- basically 1 saying no way and the other saying no-prob.

second question - what is the process for Dish customers getting the sky Angel network? is it another dish??

thanks in advance for any help

ctstan

1. Good luck on swapping out the 322. I don't think Dish knows whether or not to let you.

2. Yes, you need another dish pointed at 61.5 (?maybe 148?), and the equipment needed will vary with the equipment you currently have.

It depends on what program you signed up for. You are now a DHA customer, but did you sign an agreement to stay at the level you signed up for, for a 12 or 24 month period. If you did you are going to have to keep that 322 for that period or pay a penalty. If you did not sign a term agreement then you could send the 322 back and get a 522 (I doubt you are going to find a 625 at this time).

To add sky angle you will have to have a second dish pointed at 61.5. Depending on what system you have now you may have to add a DP34 switch to do that. If you have a Dish Pro Plus Twin, then all you will need is the second dish with a DP Dual.

Thanks!!

thanks so much for the answers guys --- I hope as I learn more about my system I will be able to provide help to others as well.

FYI - I got my system thru Sprint, who are my local phone / cellular / internet (dsl) / and now television provider. I did find out yesterday that I am currently under no "contract commitment" with Dish for any minimum of time (I think)
The reason " I think" is because the guy at dish that said I couldn't buy local and add dvr did offer to set my 3rd and 4th rooms up with dvr by sending them the 322 and taking in return two single line dvrs (i don't remember the model number). This would have increased my bill 15/month + $100 + I would have to sign a one year agreement and he stated I didn't currently have a "time commitment" in force.

I guess I need to read my paperwork closer to determine who owns what.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts