2 questions... Superdish mover?... Locals only?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

slappy

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jun 5, 2004
Hi all,

I've got a quick question.

I'll be moving out of my parent's house soon, and taking my 510 and 501 with me to my new home. Here are the resulting questions...

1.) On Dish Network's web site, under the Dishmover information link, it just mentions Dish 500. When I move, will Dish install a Superdish (which I currently use) at my new location under the same agreement?

2.) I have an unused 301 box that I thought about leaving for my parents to use. They are interested in spending as little money each month as possible. Does Dish allow new customers (they'd have to sign on under their name) to receive only local networks, and no Top 60, 120, etc. packages? If so, what would the approximate monthly bill be for that?

Thanks for any help!

-Ryan

slappy said:
Hi all,

I've got a quick question.

I'll be moving out of my parent's house soon, and taking my 510 and 501 with me to my new home. Here are the resulting questions...

1.) On Dish Network's web site, under the Dishmover information link, it just mentions Dish 500. When I move, will Dish install a Superdish (which I currently use) at my new location under the same agreement?
There might be a small charge for a SuperDish…but they will install one at the new place. Per dish site “Additional charges may apply for International programming customers and markets requiring a SuperDISH or second dish antenna”

2.) I have an unused 301 box that I thought about leaving for my parents to use. They are interested in spending as little money each month as possible. Does Dish allow new customers (they'd have to sign on under their name) to receive only local networks, and no Top 60, 120, etc. packages? If so, what would the approximate monthly bill be for that?

Thanks for any help!

-Ryan

What locals would they have? If its ones on 110/119 (Dish500), they can get setup with a Dish500 and it would be 10.99 (5.99 for locals + $5 BS fee for having less than AT60)
If they have Superdish, then we get into some different territory

Thanks for the info, Iceberg.

Unfortunately for them, they require a Superdish for their Columbus, OH locals.

If I could ask another question... is the "Essential Services" package available to anyone? I used it briefly, when I was temporarily reducing montly costs a year or so ago. When I used it, they gave the impression that I could only use it for a 3 month period before having to switch to a Top 60 package, but I never verified 100% that this was the case.

If my parents were able to combine the $9.99 ES package with a $5.99 Locals package, along with the $5 "other" charge... that's be a low priced package that would give them a few options...

I realize that this would be dependent upon them getting a Dish 500 setup, and getting NY locals instead of Columbus, OH locals, but still, possibly another option?

slappy said:
Thanks for the info, Iceberg.

Unfortunately for them, they require a Superdish for their Columbus, OH locals.

If I could ask another question... is the "Essential Services" package available to anyone? I used it briefly, when I was temporarily reducing montly costs a year or so ago. When I used it, they gave the impression that I could only use it for a 3 month period before having to switch to a Top 60 package, but I never verified 100% that this was the case.

If my parents were able to combine the $9.99 ES package with a $5.99 Locals package, along with the $5 "other" charge... that's be a low priced package that would give them a few options...

I realize that this would be dependent upon them getting a Dish 500 setup, and getting NY locals instead of Columbus, OH locals, but still, possibly another option?

Ok from what I remember there will be a charge for the superdish dish mover. I have seen on many orders tho of a SUPER MOVER if you commit to 1 or 2 yrs and use a CC.

now for your parents. why don't you save them alot of money keep the 301 on your account and leave the receiver at their home. $5 a month on your bill isn't bad to help them out.
gmo

I wouldn't have a problem with that, if it's an acceptable thing to do. Does Dish condone having a seperate receiver at another home on a single account? I want to keep things on the up and up as much as possible.

Thanks!
-Ryan

slappy said:
I wouldn't have a problem with that, if it's an acceptable thing to do. Does Dish condone having a seperate receiver at another home on a single account? I want to keep things on the up and up as much as possible.

Thanks!
-Ryan
No - it's absolutely against the rules.

But a self-claimed DNSC Manager just told you to do it. ;)

slappy said:

Thanks!
-Ryan

no dish does not condone this. customers are doing it every day. customers have camp houses and lakes house and take the receivers with them or leave them there. they understand that if the receiver is not at the house and there is a problem it will be up to them to fix the problem. Being a RSP Manager I see it and hear it all the time.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts