2 Questions: temp files directory and internet connection

tyrantz

Original poster
Dec 9, 2005
Hello every, I'm new to this forum. I'm interested in purchasing the TimeTrax Complete kit - Sirius edition, however, before I purchase it, I wanted to know a little more about the systems requirements.

I noticed that the documentation indicates that TimeTrax Recast requires a minimum of 10 Gb of storage space on the main windows drive for temporary files. I was wondering if anyone knows whether this may be redirected to any other drives on the computer, i.e. D: or E: drives that I have space on.

Also, from reading the documentation, I noticed that there is a warning stating that:

"N.B. TimeTrax Recast requires that your computer be connected to the Internet at ALL TIMES. TimeTrax Recast will not work and will shut down if there is no internet connection."

Is this true for all TimeTrax complete kits, even if you don't use XM Online? Why would you need an internet connection for Satellite radio? I was planning on attaching this to my CarPC, so I doubt I'll have internet connection on the road.

Any help would greatly be appreciated.

Thanks

Hi,

Yes you can redirect the temp files and saved files to a mapped drive. It is best to keep in on the same PC and not try and do this via a LAN.

We do require an always on Internet connection so if you were to try and use it in a car environment it will not work.

We are working on an alternative to the requirment of the Internet connection but I do not have any details to share about it.

Derek

Okay then, thanks for your help, I guess I'll wait until it can work without the internet connection.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts