Status
Please reply by conversation.

beer4me

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Apr 3, 2009
Gowganda North Ontario
I have a 39" dish with an invacomm lnbf quad and a 2100 motor . I have an S9 which now functions as it should , going to the satellites as requested. The S9 is in another building. When I acquire the new Geosat Micro HD [ soon , I hope ] , I want to install it in another building. What I need to know is , will there be any conflict in the motor satellite positions ? I will be running a separate cable , of course .

I will only be using one receiver at a time as they are in separate buildings . If power is off on one , can the other then be used as control ? [ Assuming both have had positions stored separately. ] If I remember correctly , the positions are stored in the receiver , not the motor ?

I will only be using one receiver at a time as they are in separate buildings . If power is off on one , can the other then be used as control ? [ Assuming both have had positions stored separately. ] If I remember correctly , the positions are stored in the receiver , not the motor ?

I do this all the time with two different systems. Both my systems have an AZBox and an S9 that run the Vbox X mover fine. You will need to have a splitter with a DC power block so current can't come back up into the other receiver not being used and just make sure that both receivers aren't on at the same time cuz the dish mover will be trying to go to two places at once. There is a post on here where I did this and it's probably got some info on the splitters I used. Just search my username and look for something I posted around May or June of last year.

if you never use both receivers at the same time then yes this setup should work and both receivers can control the motor....i have done it before with great success.....just make sure the receiver that you are not using is in standby mode (powered off with remote) before you turn the other receiver on....never have them both on at the same time....

your second receiver needs to be wired to the master receivers "loop out" or "loop through" port....

so basically you leave all your cabling the way it is hooked up now....then run a cable from your current receiver to the new receiver....

second receiver > master receiver > motor > switch(es) > Lnb

Thanks much for all the info . Now , all I need to do now is wait for that new Geosat Micro HD . I believe you may have heard of it ? [ LOL ]

He would connect to just one linear connector with that a/b setup?

Would a sw-21 work between the motor and the lnb if he wanted to pick up the circular as well?

He would connect to just one linear connector with that a/b setup?

Would a sw-21 work between the motor and the lnb if he wanted to pick up the circular as well?

I usually use a diseqc switch after the motor, this keeps the amount of current going through the switch to a minimum. A SW-21 should work just fine also if you only have 2 lnbs.

Well it looks like all this info will be filed for future use. It got really warm yesterday , and....tin roof ...and ...2 feet of snow avalanched on my deck , and wiped out 3 of my sat. dishes . Good thing I was underneath at the time to catch a lot of the snow. Crumpled dishes , broken LNB'S & mounting brackets , and . took out the railing. The great news is that I taught the snow some new words.

All repairs are complete . I now have a dual lnbf . I want to be able to control the motor from 2 receivers [ and locations ] . I believe there is a switch to allow separate control of the single motor , without feeding power to the other receiver. Any help finding this would be appreciated.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts