2 receivers setup

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

pentiger

Original poster
Apr 15, 2006
Philadelphia, PA
Hello everyone, my first post here.

After reading great posts here at the forum I purchased a setup containing

1 x Winegard 76 cm
1 x SG2100
1 x Invacom LNB QPH-031

I have one receiver - pansat but have plans to get another one for a second room.

My question if someone knows is if the signal can be split and if the receivers each can control the motor or at least view the same sat.

thanks in advance.

Peter.

Hello Peter! WELCOME to the SatelliteGuys.US FTA Forum!

Best to just have one receiver control the motor or you will continually loose your satellite positions!

You can run two cables from the LNBF one going through the motor to the first receiver and the other going directly to the 2nd receiver.

You could slave both receivers together with just one run of coax but you would be stuck on the same polarity as the (1st) master receiver.

The QPH031 has 2 outputs for Circular and Linear (Circular is DBS..linear is the rest)

Only one receiver can control the motor. They both can view the same satellite. Thats how mine is set up

30" dish with QPH
-one line goes to motor and goes to Coolsat
-other line goes to Fortec reciever

Both can watch the same satellite :)

You can set your QPH Invacom up using a 4 x 4 multiswitch. Run both C outputs from your LNBF into the 22k inputs on the multiswitch. Run both L outputs from your LNBF into the 0k inputs on the multiswitch. You could do the opposite (C to 0k and L to 22k), just remember which feed type (circular or linear) is on which switch input pair (22k or 0k). In the above example, where the C feeds go into 22k, you would setup your circular satellites with the 22k option 'ON' and your linear satellites with the 22k option 'OFF'. The 4 x 4 multiswitch will allow up to four receivers to get both polarities of both circular and linear satellites. Only one receiver should control your motor, place the motor between one output of the multiswitch and that receiver.

splitting signal

either method will work fine, tron's idea will allow you to add more than two receivers if you ever wanted. the invacom quad lnbf is amazing. Great signal and both polarities and signal types (circular and linear or Left and right hand signals or Horizontal and Vertical signals).

the multi switch method will cost a few extra $$$ but is nice.

I actually have 3 dishes, I use two 75 cm patriots with sg-2100 motors with DMS international and old directv lnbf's so each of my receiver can watch different sats.

I do understand some people do not want more than one dish on their house, but i don't mind. (And no my neigbors do not like them:mad: )

I have a c-band dish in my back yard 7.5' black mesh Sami that i use for 4DTV and i also have a fortec ultra slaved to the 4dtv for free to air in my living room. My big dish does c and Ku band.

Glad to have you as a part of our little community of dish heads.
Lots of information available for you on this site
and again welcome to satellite guys.us:)

[I have a c-band dish in my back yard 7.5' black mesh Sami that i use for 4DTV and i also have a fortec ultra slaved to the 4dtv for free to air in my living room. My big dish does c and Ku band.]

Hi to ALL....I recently found you guys and I have to admit...I love this place...great info here.

After a few years away from C band due to the fact that I did not have a dish in my new house, finally I installed a 6' SAMI with a 4DTV and now a Fortec Classic. Believe it or not I am very happy with the dish performance. I get everything both C and KU very well with the exception of PAS3 but that is just because of my dish. In my old house I used to split both C and Ku signals using an A/B swith but now I want to do it a different way so the question is, since we have almost the identical equipment...What can of splitter are you using to separate C/ku signals going to your receivers...? Also can I use a 22k sw from the splitter to feed my MPEG2 receiver...???

Second question.....How good is the 6' Fortec Star dish.....I want to get it only if that dish can get me PAS3 so does anybody here get PAS3 with that particular dish...????

Thanks in advance...:)

DM in Dallas,GA USA

Last edited:
Thank everyone.

I am really hapy with your responses. I am glad I found such prfessionals. I would like to receive both circular and linear on both receivers so the mutliswich option is I think the best choice for me. I will hae to look for some good switches in a good price.

One again thank you for your insight oppinion.

Peter.

PS. Thank you for such a nice welcome.

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts