2 rooms served by 1 receiver.

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

vlad7

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Feb 21, 2006
I was reading on their website that I receiver, HD DVR Vip 622 can serve 2 tvs.
Will I be able to do this:
Record TNT live on tv1
Watch FX live on TV1
Watch MTV live on Tv2
All these at the same time?
Thank you.

i am pretty sure the answer is no. None of these are through the OTA tuner and there are only 2 satellie tuners, so you cant tune in live to 3 satellite signals only 2.

If you swap the Record TNT to watch a prerecorded TNT then its a yes.

Thats exactly what I was suspecting.

But before I make a desicion, another quick question. Will the TV2 be connected to the Tv1 receiver output? Or 1 of the 2 cables that comes from the dish can be splitted and send 1 to TV1 and another one to Tv2?

thank you.

Not too sure what you are asking...but the reciver has two outputs, TV1 is HD and TV2 is SD.

but you can send the signal from the tv1 or tv 2 output to more than 1 tv. for example hdmi on tv1 to the main tv, and tv1 component to another tv, however they will have to watch the same channel on both tv's.
Indeed there are threds on here that explain how they are doing with very long cables

Also one addition to my first post. You can watch and record 3 channels if one of them is on the OTA, i didnt say that but assumed you knew that.

You can see BOTH TV1 AND TV2 via the coax feed by setting it in the menus. They come out on different channels.

And remember - tuners and outputs are two different things.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts