2 separate dishes & dual tuner

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

interd0g

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jun 8, 2007
miami
My installation has two separate dishes pointed at 119,110. It has been up forever and works great.
I now have to change to a dual tuner rx, because thats all there is.
Anyone know how to hook up the dishes to the dual tuner using DP lnbfs, DPP33 switch and separator, or maybe the two DP lnbfs, the DP33 and two cables?

The existing gear as all legacy.

2 DP duals or single
1 line from each to DP34, DPP33 or DPP44

2 lines from DP34 to rec without separator
or 1 line from 33 or 44 to separator

My installation has two separate dishes pointed at 119,110. It has been up forever and works great.
I now have to change to a dual tuner rx, because thats all there is.
Anyone know how to hook up the dishes to the dual tuner using DP lnbfs, DPP33 switch and separator, or maybe the two DP lnbfs, the DP33 and two cables?

The existing gear as all legacy.
Does this mean the receivers are Legacy or just the dishes & LNBs? What dual tuner are you planning on getting? Are the dishes DISH 300s or some other manufacturer?

I have a feeling the dishes are much larger than a dish 300.

Maybe a Dish 1800 (as in 1.8 meter) ;)

But all dual tuner units are DishPro so what Timberwolf wrote would work just fine

I have a feeling the dishes are much larger than a dish 300.

Maybe a Dish 1800 (as in 1.8 meter) ;)

But all dual tuner units are DishPro so what Timberwolf wrote would work just fine
Miami could extend further out and DP dual receivers are backwards compatible with Legacy LNBs. If posters would only be honest in what they are doing it would be better than second guessing what is really happening.

You can with legacy if you want
but you will need 2 legacy duals, not singles, 2 legacy SW21 switches and 2 lines to the rec from the switches without a separator

Miami could extend further out and DP dual receivers are backwards compatible with Legacy LNBs. If posters would only be honest in what they are doing it would be better than second guessing what is really happening.

I dont get why you are reading too much into it. The OP asked how to set it up with DishPro. All you're doing is confusing the OP

I dont get why you are reading too much into it. The OP asked how to set it up with DishPro. All you're doing is confusing the OP

If you are guessing right on 1.8 dishes and he has Legacy LNBs he already has one SW21. Seeing dual Legacy LNBs are more common than singles he would only need to add a second SW21 to his existing setup. That would be much cheaper than buying Dish Pro equipment. From his original question it is possible he dosen't know his existing setup is compatible with the dual tuner receivers.

Check out Timberwolf post # 6.

Just being a little naive here, but why couldn't Dish set the OP up w/ a new & improved setup? I was under the impression that the whole EA / WA deal was to get away from multi-dish configs?

May be worthwhile to see if they'll do that, either free w/ a new contract or at reduced $$ because of the (what sounds to be) really old equipment...

Just being a little naive here, but why couldn't Dish set the OP up w/ a new & improved setup? I was under the impression that the whole EA / WA deal was to get away from multi-dish configs?

May be worthwhile to see if they'll do that, either free w/ a new contract or at reduced $$ because of the (what sounds to be) really old equipment...

Maybe he doesn't want a new dish setup. He wants to keep multi-dish setup. I'm that way. I use 3 for EA and sizes are much larger than what dish uses. Mine was for rain fade but since there hasn't been any I've barely had a test this year. Some of us travel to the beat of a different drum. :D BTW just cause the dish is larger doesn't mean that it is old.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)