2 TV's off one receiver

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

slitchford88

Original poster
May 30, 2006
Need similar help with this type of issue...

I'm like twigthemig and need the "satellite hook up for dummies guide". :)
I'm trying to do the same thing but I have no IDEA where to begin.

I have attached a .jpg diagramming my current installation of Dish Network cables in the attic. Heck, I'm not even sure the entire thing is set up correctly as I tried to do this once before with no luck. :)

I'm trying to use the Bedroom #1 receiver to feed the Guest Room TV as the rooms are side by side.

Can anyone help me with what I need to purchase and then how I should hook it all up?

I have two large cables coming from the Dish (each cable splits as you'll see on the diagram). I also have 4 receivers.

please help...I have guests coming THIS Weekend and would like to set this up Friday afternoon/evening.

Thanks so much!!!

sl

Attachments

• satellitehookup.jpg
    satellitehookup.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 590
You cannot use a splitter on satellite cables. The cables do not carry all channels all the time, like old style cable. You may need a DP34 switch or some other setup. This depends upon the number of satellites you are receiving. Then you can have 1 or 2 cables to each receiver. And which receivers do you have?

I actually went to radioshack to make sure the current hookup was correct and they relayed what you said garys...but, when I came home and did this it still doesn't work (I even tried a different TV to make sure it wasn't the older tv I have in the Guest room).

I used a splitter and hooked the satellite cable into the in/out port, hooked bedroom #1 cable to the satellite port, and then hooked the guest room cable into the VHF/UHF...and still nothing but snow.

any other suggestions? The guy at RadioShack mentioned an amplifier, but a previous TV worked in the guest room (until the TV went out).

Any help is much appreciated.
Thanks
sl

OK, so you want to use Bedroom #1 to show on Guest Room.

What receiver do you have in Bedroom #1? Single or Dual Tuner?

Here is a diagram for a dual tuner:

http://www.solidsignal.tv/dishnetwork/DISH_Pro-DISH_Pro_Plus_Diagrams/DistributionExample2.pdf

If you have a single tuner, then you will need to split the output of the receiver to the TV in the Bedroom #1 and to the Guest Room. To get the Satellite signal to Bedroom #1 and the Output to the Guest Room you will need diplexers.

Tell us what receiver you have and I can elaborate more.

slitchford88 said:
I actually went to radioshack to make sure the current hookup was correct and they relayed what you said garys...but, when I came home and did this it still doesn't work (I even tried a different TV to make sure it wasn't the older tv I have in the Guest room).

You may need to tune the guest bedroom receiver to a different channel number. What receiver model are you talking about? Older models with have a 3/4 switch on the back of the receiver or see if there is a Modulated setup screen under the install menu.

Thanks for the messages garys and randalla. My receiver in Bedroom #1 is a DishPro 301. I'm assuming it's a single tuner as my setup in the attic does not look like the diagram you posted.

Will the guys at Radio Shack know what I need if I show them RandallA's comment above? Better yet, hopefully once I get the stuff I know what to do...I'm a technosavaunt. :-(

Thanks so much
sl

Single tuner, OK.

You need to split the RF output to the TV in Bedroom #1 and Guest Room.

Easiest way to do it if the TV in Bedroom #1 has composite is to run composite to the TV in Bedroom #1. The RF output then goes to the Guest Room. If you don't have composite in Bedroom #1, then you split the RF output with a splitter.

How do you run the Satellite signal and the RF output to Guest Room? Simple, use a diplexer at the attic and one at the 301 receiver.

I just made this drawing for you:

I forgot to add the label for the satellite signals (red lines)

Attachments

• Helping Slitchford.jpg
    Helping Slitchford.jpg
    28.8 KB · Views: 1,643
This is awesome...I'm heading out to Radio Shack now! :)
I really appreciate it...could NEVER have done this without your expertise.

Thanks so much...I'll let you know when I succeed :)
sl

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts