2 vs. 4 connections

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

zaax

Original poster
Jun 25, 2007
Hello all. (maybe some kind soul can translate this...)

I received for free from a friend, a dish 500 set. (dish + head thingie (LNBF?), + receiver). On my newly rented house there is currently a dish 500 with no head. (I don't even know what its called, sorry).

So I want to simply transfer the head part from the new dish thats sitting in my kitchen, to the old one and not worry about correct aiming etc. The house seems to be wired to the hilt with connections literally coming out of the floor in each room.

So I took it apart and there are 2 connector holes. I have what looks like a dual (man I really don't know the lingo here - I was unable even to search for my question). But the headless dish on my roof has 4 wiring ends coming out of it. (A bit rusty - ill probably need to cut them off a bit and add new ones.)

Seems to me all I need to do is connect the right 2 wires to the 2 places in the head and I am good.

But why are there 4 and I got only 2? What DO I do?

I cant afford pro installation - all I will be getting are the local channels for $12/mo... And the previous occupant obviously had it working, so I figured I cam do it.

Thanks for any reply.
I attached an image of what I have.

Attachments

• head.jpg
    head.jpg
    6.4 KB · Views: 112
Last edited:
You need to figure out where those four wires at the dish lead to. Then connect the wire that is going where you have the receiver to the lnb. Your lnb only has 2 connections because it can only support 2 receivers. There are four wires up there because the previous occupant had four receivers/tuners.

Thanks.
I followed the wires into the house and you are of course correct. Now I feel dumb. They just branch out in the basement to different area's.
So I just need to figure our with trial and error, what 2 rooms match the ones I actually HAVE.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)