2 Wallies on 1 home run

EastTexasTech

Original poster
Sep 19, 2019
Emory, TX
I'm installing 3 Wallies in an RV (no hopper on the system). One home run is going to one jack feeding one Wally, the other 2 receivers will have to be run on one home run due to restrictions inside the RV. Is it possible to use a switch or splitter to feed both Wallys or does each one need to have its own dedicated line back to the 1000.2 LNBF?

Thanks for the help guys, I am relatively new to Dish Network, having installed DirecTV and ViaSat for a while.

I'm installing 3 Wallies in an RV (no hopper on the system). One home run is going to one jack feeding one Wally, the other 2 receivers will have to be run on one home run due to restrictions inside the RV. Is it possible to use a switch or splitter to feed both Wallys or does each one need to have its own dedicated line back to the 1000.2 LNBF?

Thanks for the help guys, I am relatively new to Dish Network, having installed DirecTV and ViaSat for a while.

For multiple Wally's on one wire you could use a hybrid LNB and Dish channel stack splitters.

Yes. You can have up to 8 Wally's on each leg of a DPH42 or theoretically a hybrid LNB. We've never done more than four Wally's on the LNB only.
So if I plug in my hybrid lnb instead of the digital lnb I can run another coax to my bedroom and use it there for a 2nd Wally. That is cool since my wife has griped every since I removed the 4k joey and just went with one Wally in the living room.

Reactions: pattykay
So if I plug in my hybrid lnb instead of the digital lnb I can run another coax to my bedroom and use it there for a 2nd Wally. That is cool since my wife has griped every since I removed the 4k joey and just went with one Wally in the living room.

Yes but make sure you have a Dish channel stack splitter.

If the channel stack splitter is a DISH separator, I have bunches of them and can mail to you if you wish.
Definitely different devices:

DN009714_large__43082.1509729818.png
download.png