2 Wallys Only - What Do I Need

scsttrooper

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
May 13, 2013
Myrtle Beach, SC
Ok... So I have a small man cave on a remote farm near where I live. I have installed and set up my own dish equipment in the past so I feel certain that I can do this installation as well.

I want to install two Wally receivers and point my dish toward the Eastern arc. I have attached a picture of the dish as well as the LNB tag.

Can I simply run a coax from the ports on the LNB directly to each Wally or do I need something else to make this work?

Do I have to correct LNB to make this work?

Thanks for any help that you might provide.

IMG_20190202_161328.jpeg
IMG_20190202_161316.jpeg

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using the SatelliteGuys app!

Okay. I ran a cable directly from the first port on the lnb to one Wally receiver. After doing a switch check the Wally recognized the lnb but only 61.5. I ran the check switch again and still only got the receiver to recognize 61.5. do I have to connect to cable to ports 1 and 2 on the lnb and bring those in through some sort of combiner / splitter?

Again any help would be appreciated.

Thank you.
IMG_20190224_164157.jpeg

Okay. I ran a cable directly from the first port on the lnb to one Wally receiver. After doing a switch check the Wally recognized the lnb but only 61.5. I ran the check switch again and still only got the receiver to recognize 61.5. do I have to connect to cable to ports 1 and 2 on the lnb and bring those in through some sort of combiner / splitter?

Again any help would be appreciated.

Thank you.View attachment 137335

That's a really low signal level so if your wire and line of sight are good then your dish probably needs to be aligned.

I agree, you're not hitting both Sats.

You want Elevation 49, Skew 76 (Your pic looks like it's at 90) and Azimuth is 169 for Myrtle Beach area

Reactions: JSheridan
I am going to double check the elevation and skew tomorrow. I will post back with my findings.

I thought that the check switch screen should show both 61.5 and 72 even though I am not receiving a signal from 72. Why is it only showing 61.5?

I am going to double check the elevation and skew tomorrow. I will post back with my findings.

I thought that the check switch screen should show both 61.5 and 72 even though I am not receiving a signal from 72. Why is it only showing 61.5?

It only shows the satellites that you are actually receiving a signal from.

OK... Skew and elevation are set. I have tried both the first and second port on the LNB. I can only get 61.5. There are no line of sight issues. What am I missing or doing wrong? I am beginning to wonder if I am using the right LNB or if the LNB is bad. Will the DPP EA2 work with the Wally?

OK... Skew and elevation are set. I have tried both the first and second port on the LNB. I can only get 61.5. There are no line of sight issues. What am I missing or doing wrong? I am beginning to wonder if I am using the right LNB or if the LNB is bad. Will the DPP EA2 work with the Wally?

You probably need to move the dish a few degrees to the right if you're behind it.

And to answer your other questions yes, a DPP EA2 works fine with a Wally and you can use any one of the three available ports.

You probably need to move the dish a few degrees to the right if you're behind it.

I tried it. I set the dish pointer to 72 and transponder 16 and simply can not seem to find it. I have tried going way past where it should be but it just doesn't seem to be there. I know it is but it just doesn't come in.

I tried it. I set the dish pointer to 72 and transponder 16 and simply can not seem to find it. I have tried going way past where it should be but it just doesn't seem to be there. I know it is but it just doesn't come in.

I wish I could be of more help but I haven't aligned a dish without a Super Buddy type meter in a lot of years, and I don't think I'd ever want to again. :)

The bubble on the level is between the level lines all the way around. It might not be perfectly center but again the bubble is between the level lines so its very close.

If you already have 61.5 try to improve that signal, 72 will come by itself (if the skew is correct and if there is clear LOS) . The switch in the LNB very rarely goes bad.

The DPP EA will work with any receiver, just like any LNBF will work with any receiver, except a Hopper 3, which is confined top using DPH LNBF's. And it doesn't matter which port you use on an 1000.2 LNBF (other than the Input port) to point a dish or send signal to the receiver, as it's switched withing the LNBF.

61 Sat is located at AZ 157, EL 45.
72 is at AZ 167, EL 49.5
I'm not sure what the sky looks like where you are, but that's a 10 degree spread between satellites. Something to take into consideration.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)