20.0 Remote Issue with 722k

kb2vgp

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 10, 2008
Oneida County, NY
I've been trying to figure out a remote issue with a 722k. Over Chirstmas, my Mom got a 47" Vizio HDTV and decided to put it downstairs. Well the receiver was upstairs on the 32" HDTV so I asked her where she would most likely watch most of her tv, and of course it would be on the tv without the receiver. So I moved the receiver downstairs and programmed the 20.0 IR remote to the new tv and took the 21.0 UHF remote upstairs for the smaller tv. Everything was working fine, however once in a while the 20.0 IR remote won't command the receiver. So I tried the 21.0 UHF remote (yes for TV1) and that does operate the receiver just fine. She has told me the the IR remote will operate the receiver most of the day and then stops working and she has to use the 21.0 UHF remote to control the receiver. The 20.0 remote still operates the TV volume and power, but is unresponsive on the receiver. The receiver is not hidden, actually it is out in the open on a wall mounted shelf, so line of sight is not the issue. Any ideas, I've been trying to figure out why the IR decides to stop working intermittently. I also had this receiver connected to a phone line in the previous location, now when I connect it, it holds the line open. I even tried a second phone jack and as soon as I tried that, the line was open. Unfortunately, I live 5.5 hours away so I'll have to troubleshoot the phone line later, but hopefully the remote thing I can talk her through.

It sounds like IR interference. Do you have the 21.0 set up as UHF? When the remote stops working, do the front panel buttons on the receiver work normally?

Hi Matt, yes the 21.0 is setup as UHF. I'm not sure about the front panel buttons, I will have to ask her tomorrow. She says it seems to be happening in the evening 5-6 time frame.

OK. Here's the deal...The Vizio's auto back-lighting, or auto light leveling features are causing the the problem. And It's not solely Vizio.....almost all brands have had their problems. Just turn the auto lighting stuff off.

OK. Here's the deal...The Vizio's auto back-lighting, or auto light leveling features are causing the the problem. And It's not solely Vizio.....almost all brands have had their problems. Just turn the auto lighting stuff off.

Sounds logical, I'll give that a shot (if I can talk her through the menus :D). I'll post what happens!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts