20 Inch For Direct TV

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

glenhoward68

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Aug 23, 2005
I currenty have a 20 inch dish for dishnetwork, Can I use it for DirectTV, there manual has 18 inch dish

glenhoward68 said:
I currenty have a 20 inch dish for dishnetwork, Can I use it for DirectTV, there manual has 18 inch dish
Not if you want HD. You need the oval 3 lnb dish.

Just want 101, I know a 18 inch dishnetwork will work but not sure about the 20 inch

If your 20" dish has a plastic adapter for the lnb you can remove the "y" adapter and place a Direc or Dish 300 lnb on it.

projectorsrule said:
If your 20" dish has a plastic adapter for the lnb you can remove the "y" adapter and place a Direc or Dish 300 lnb on it.
NO YOU CAN'T the "Y" adapter sets the correct focal distance to receive maximum signal from the reflective surface of the dish. A DISH 500 with Legacy Duals will work for Directv but other DISH Network LNB combinations will not work due to switches and frequencies used by DISH. Their is also an "I" adapter from DISH to replace the "Y" bracket that will maintain the focal distance and gain a small amount of additional signal from the larger dish. :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)