20 year Dish Customer

RickIrrgang
I stumbled onto your post, and you have me intrigued.
Being in our 50's, we're used to turning on the TV and watching what is "sent to us". Sure, we've dabbled in on-demand stuff on Netflix and Amazon, but we still like the idea of turning on the TV, and if "The Office" is on Comedy central AND there is nothing better to watch, we'll just watch The Office and laugh with Dwight.
However, I pay $116 a month for a Hopper and 2 Joey's and a bunch of channels that I don't need or watch.

1. How do you watch your local channels with fubo? Do you have an OTA connected to your TV, and you have to change the input to antena?
2. Do you have the concept of a guide with Fubo that you can scroll through?

I recently renewed with Dish, so I probably can't afford to cancel and avoid fees, but next year, I might consider Fubo or whatever is available then.

Thank you

RickIrrgang: I just renewed today with DISH for another year (against my better judgment) and held on to my current price.
You have some options. You can put your DISH subscription on "pause" for I think, up to 9 months and only pay $5 a month. If you cancel outright, you pay $10 per month for the remainder of your contract.

I plan on "pausing" DISH while I investigate Fubo and YTTV. (I get local channels OTA so I don't care about those.) My main question with Fubo is whether I can watch local RSN's (NBC Sports Chicago and Marquee Network) when traveling outside my local area. If I can watch my teams from another state from time to time, bye bye DISH.

RickIrrgang: I just renewed today with DISH for another year (against my better judgment) and held on to my current price.
You have some options. You can put your DISH subscription on "pause" for I think, up to 9 months and only pay $5 a month. If you cancel outright, you pay $10 per month for the remainder of your contract.

I plan on "pausing" DISH while I investigate Fubo and YTTV. (I get local channels OTA so I don't care about those.) My main question with Fubo is whether I can watch local RSN's (NBC Sports Chicago and Marquee Network) when traveling outside my local area. If I can watch my teams from another state from time to time, bye bye DISH.
Keep in mind that if you go on pause the remainder of your contract continues when you go off pause. So, if you had 6 months remaining on your contract when you went on pause you still have 6 months left on your contract when you come off of it.

Is this still true? (from a 2019 post)
I am surprised at posts that say they get back the discounts. DISH specifically says you won't.
"In the event that you participate in DISH Pause, or any other program that allows you to temporarily suspend your DISH service, then you will no longer be eligible to participate in DISH's 2-Year TV Price Guarantee promotion and you will pay the then-current price for each of your programming packages, Additional Receiver Fees, and DVR Service Fees."

Is this still true? (from a 2019 post)
Yes that wording exists in my newest "terms" from this years agreement....

"Your “Price Guarantee Period” begins on the date you accept this offer and expires twenty-four (24) months later. DISH will not extend your Price Guarantee Period for any reason. Upon the expiration of your Price Guarantee Period, you will pay the then-current price for your programming package and Equipment.
If you participate in DISH Pause, or any other program that allows you to temporarily suspend your DISH service, your Price Guarantee Period will automatically terminate and you will no longer be eligible for the programming or Equipment prices listed above. Upon reactivating your DISH Service after participation in DISH Pause or other similar program, you will pay the then-current price for your programming packages and Equipment. Participation in DISH Pause temporarily pauses, but does not terminate, your Term Commitment. Your Term Commitment will expire only after twenty four (24) months of active Service."

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts