200' to TV2 Weak signal

aerohorizons

Original poster
Sep 14, 2010
DeLeon Springs, FL
How can I amplify the #2 TV signal from my Dish 222K-HD reciever? The #2 TV is in my barn about 175' from the house, the picture is there but it is not acceptable?

The remote is running on a separate dedicated UG6 coax, it works fine.

The 222K receiver is about 90' from the dish. The picture on TV1 at the receiver is excellent. I have replaced all the barrels and connectors with new, that did not help, all cable is new RG6 cable.

I tried a Radio Shack in line amp, 950-2050 MHZ, it did not work.... it eliminated the picture entirely.

You need to match what the receiver is outputting, it can be cable or analog. The booster must be the same, since you already have a booster change the receiver's output, it may change what channel the signal is being sent out on as well.

Well Garys is partially right you do need to match the amplifier to the signal you are using. 950-2050 is the frequency for the satellite broadcast not the TV2 output frequency. TV2 uses standard OTA or Cable outputs (VHF or UHF) frequencies between 5 and 900 MHZ.

The TV2 output is already a high power output designed to feed through splitters, wallplates and diplexers without noticeable loss of picture quality. 200ft of straight cable should not be a problem.

How old is the tv in the garage? Do you have another you could try there temporarily?

The amp you used is for satellite frequncies only. The correct amp should should be labled for from 40mhz to 950 mhz or higher (standard cable amp). However this should work without the amp. 200' is not that bad. You may be getting interference from a local broadcaster. Try different channels (cable and air) to find the best picture. You may also want to try swapping the two cables. That would eliminate the possibilty of a bad section of rg6 cable. If that still does not work you may need a different amp. But you may need to pad the input to the amp down so that you are not overdriving it.

Last edited:
I have a TV2 setup running close to 400ft and the picture is very acceptable. Like TimberWolf said, it might be the TV. The 1st TV I tried was a 1985 model that probably had similar results to what you are seeing. Then I ran the signal thru an old VCR and was quite pleased with the PQ. I have since replaced the 1985 clunker with a 2001 model and I no longer need the VCR.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)