2007 MLB Team Wins Prediction

Yeah they said that during the game last night. So now my Reds can beat your Pirates during the daylight. :D

Actually I feel playing these games in cold weather is wrong, the first 3 or 4 weeks should be played in warm weather cities or in domes.

Lets go Buccos.:D

Actually I feel playing these games in cold weather is wrong, the first 3 or 4 weeks should be played in warm weather cities or in domes.

Well they are on their way to a sweep. :D

I think they should cut the season to 148 games and not start the season until May 1st...and end it by Sept. 15th. But the owners would never kill THAT MUCH revenue.

Looks like my indians are going to finish the season 2-1, with all the games cancelled because of Snow, I wonder if they will be the first team to get a wild card birth with two wins, :)

I predict that the Washington Nationals will not finish in last place. And within 2 years will be a contender if not the winner of the NL East. I believe this because of Stan Kasten leaving Atlanta and going to the Nats. Stan has been the man behind the Braves for years. And now Braves fans will see how fast Atlanta can retreat to the celler with Bobby Cox doing his stupidity without any more help from the former brains of the Braves. In the tenure of Stan, the team has always been good enough to overcome Bobby Cox. With Stan gone, that no longer applies, the quality team will slowly disappear.

Al

Remember, I'm no psychic, but this is my prediction....

Does this mean your also going to take away home field advantage for the playoffs ?
The biggest thing is the home team fans.
If your going to make the 1st part of the season only in warm weather , then you may as well make the playoffs in warm weather sites only also.
I would hate to see that, as all teams have a great advantage having thier fans there.
The fans cannot be expected to be there for a 7 game series, Football is the only one game championship therefore it is doable.

I would have had hated to see the Tigers in thier 1st WS last year NOT have thier fans , same goes for the Cards.

Minnesota has a HUGE advantage playing in thier home dome ....

What might be nice is if they try to schedule northern teams to open in southern cities, over all that might be unfair again to the northern home team fans, or to open for example in a northern dome, like Detroit could have opened in Toronto in thier dome instead of in Detroit.
That said, opening day this year was 70* and sunny in Detroit. :)

Cleveland playing in Milwaulkee is rediculous... I have not checked the Reds schedule, but I would have at least seen if they could keep it in the same state in a slightly warmer area that is not filled with snow.

All this said, I don't think a series has been cancelled until now.

There is talk that the southern cities don't nessasarily want to open the season that week at home either as attendance is not what they wouild expect, because those fans feel it is not really warm down there either, at least what they are use to.

It has been reportedTB actually ASKED to start on the road (in NY)

Jimbo

Looks like my indians are going to finish the season 2-1, with all the games cancelled because of Snow, I wonder if they will be the first team to get a wild card birth with two wins, :)

Stuart,

A-Rod delivered an A-Bomb today in the bottom of the ninth to sweep the Indians in NY. How can they pitch to A-Rod with first base open and the kind of April he is having?

Actually spring training results mean absolutely nothing in the relationship of wins or losses in the regular season.

KC was 17 and 10 a year ago and Cincy had the best spring training record last year too.

Here are the results from 2006 spring training.
http://sports.espn.go.com/mlbhist/standings/spring?type=loc&year=2006

2006 Cactus League Spring Standings
CACTUS W L PCT GB
LA Angels 20 11 .645 -
San Diego 18 10 .643 1
Kansas City 17 10 .630 1
Colorado 17 12 .586 2
Arizona 18 14 .563 3
Chicago Cubs 15 14 .517 4
Oakland 15 17 .469 6
Milwaukee 14 17 .452 6
San Francisco 13 17 .433 7
Texas 12 16 .429 7
Seattle 11 17 .393 8
Chicago Sox 10 19 .345 9
2006 Grapefruit League Spring Standings
GRAPEFRUIT W L PCT GB
Cincinnati 22 11 .667 -
Florida 19 9 .679 1
Philadelphia 19 11 .633 2
Cleveland 20 12 .625 2
Minnesota 20 12 .625 2
Detroit 18 15 .545 4
NY Mets 16 14 .533 5
St. Louis 15 14 .517 5
LA Dodgers 15 14 .517 5
NY Yankees 15 16 .484 6
Pittsburgh 15 17 .469 7
Tampa Bay 13 16 .448 7
Baltimore 13 17 .433 8
Toronto 12 18 .400 9
Atlanta 11 18 .379 9
Houston 11 19 .367 10
Boston 9 20 .310 11
Washington 9 23 .281 13

- Split-squad games count in standings; ties and games against non-Major League opponents do not.
- Standings are updated with the completion of each game.

Boston isn't going anywhere. The season is long from over, and I'm sick of Boston fans, and Indian fans that think they have a team.

What do you mean an automatic? The have the best record in Spring Training. I know, I know, that doesn't mean alot, well it means something.

Hows that spring training record working out for ya? :) I think we can establish that spring training does in fact not mean anything.

Oh yeah Boston stinks this year. Any more predictions swammi?

We are BARELY at the mid-way point....relax...your team has done nothing yet. When playoffs come around, then you can brag...until then, your in 1st place. Be happy and stay quiet....;)

What is it with Yankee fans and Red Sox fans anyway? A couple of weeks ago, the Yankees were doing well, riding a nice 8 game or so winning streak, and they were talking crap like they were gonna win the division....:confused::rolleyes:
Then THAT streak ended and now that we are just about at the half way point, Red Sox fans are celebrating like they are about to win the World Series...??

Folks..there are well over 80 games left.....unless you are over a double digit games behind from either the wild card or the division leader...EVERYONE is still in it....:eureka

As for both of my posts they were tongue in cheek. Im not bragging about anything.

As a Sox fan I still expect NY to be in the mix when all is said and done.

Salsa what I dont get is why when people popped off before the season that ok with you, but when a guy pops off mid way through the season its not?

As for Ramy he is a true Reds fan and his optimism is fun natured. As was my ribbing towards him.

I never take anything seriously on here, most people on here are just here to have fun and that is fine with me. :)

Is it Football season yet? You know it's bad when your wanting football before the All-Star break and my favorite sport is baseball.

As for both of my posts they were tongue in cheek. Im not bragging about anything.

As a Sox fan I still expect NY to be in the mix when all is said and done.

Salsa what I dont get is why when people popped off before the season that ok with you, but when a guy pops off mid way through the season its not?

As for Ramy he is a true Reds fan and his optimism is fun natured. As was my ribbing towards him.

Don't fret none my friend, if Salsa's team was in the mix he would be running his mouth too. That's what we do here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)