2007 Renewals

rockymtnhigh

Hardly Normal
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Apr 14, 2006
Normal, IL
NBC has announced another series renewal for the 2007 season: Las Vegas.

The show joins Heroes, Law & Order: Special Victims Unit, My Name Is Earl, and The Office.

Zap2it reports:

BC BETS ON RENEWING 'LAS VEGAS' FOR A FIFTH HIGH-ROLLING SEASON THROUGH 2007-08

BURBANK - February 27, 2007 - NBC has renewed its veteran drama series "Las Vegas" (Fridays, 9-10 p.m. ET) for a fifth high-rolling season through 2007-08, it was announced today by Kevin Reilly, President, NBC Entertainment.

"The cast and producers have consistently given us what we want from 'Las Vegas' - pure entertainment - and we're looking forward to another fun ride next season with the show," said Reilly.

This season, "Las Vegas" is averaging a 2.8 rating, 8 share in adults 18-49 and 9.0 million viewers, to rank #1 in the Friday 9-10 p.m. (ET) hour in 18-49. "Las Vegas" has generated an 8 percent gain versus NBC's year-ago non-sports rating in the time period.

Not really a renewal, but an extension for 13 more episodes this year..

FOX has given 13 episodes to "Are You Smarter Than a Fifth Grader?" or Millionaire for Morons... (the adults, not the kids) :D

I keep missing this show... should be like Jay-Walking ;)

Which I saw someone getting a ticket from a cop for doing here in Seattle. Amazing. ;)

As far as the show, we turned it on in the room for a bit last night; someone stumbled over a first grade science question, "You inhale oxygen and exhale ______."

He got Carbon Dioxide, but barely.... :rolleyes:

Prison Break

Prison Break has been given a third season. Season 2 wraps up on April 2.

According to the FOX press release:

FOX has picked up a third season of the hit drama PRISON BREAK. The action-packed series stars Dominic Purcell and Wentworth Miller as on-the-lam brothers Lincoln Burrows and Michael Scofield, who plotted and executed an elaborate escape from a maximum-security prison after Lincoln was framed for a sensational murder. The current second season finds the brothers and six additional escapees on the run from a government conspiracy that is determined to make sure none of them stays alive long enough to return to prison. The series will have its second season finale Monday, April 2 (8:00-9:00 PM ET/PT) on FOX.

PRISON BREAK ranks No. 1 in its time period among key demos, including Adults 18-34, Teens, Women 18-34 and Men 18-49/18-34, and ranks No. 2 among Adults 18-49.

Renewals from ABC

The Futon Critic today reported the folllowing PR from ABC:

ABC ANNOUNCES FOURTEEN EARLY PICK-UPS FOR THE 2007-08 SEASON

ABC Television Network today announced fourteen early pick-ups for the 2007-08 season for new breakout series "Brothers & Sisters," "Ugly Betty" and "MEN IN TREES," as well as returning hits "The Bachelor," "Boston Legal," "Dancing with the Stars," "Desperate Housewives," "Extreme Makeover: Home Edition," "Grey's Anatomy," "Jimmy Kimmel Live" and "Lost." The announcement was made by ABC Entertainment President Stephen McPherson at the March Development Meeting in Los Angeles. These series join previously announced "America's Funniest Home Videos," "Supernanny" and "Wife Swap," which have also been renewed for the 2007-08 season.

"We have had a strong year, with two of the season's breakout hits, Ugly Betty' and Brothers & Sisters,' and the solid performance of MEN IN TREES,'" said McPherson. "We are pleased that viewers have invested in these new favorites along with our other returning series. These shows provide us with a substantial foundation to make 07-08 our best schedule yet."

-----------------
Rocky's Editorial: No word on What About Brian. Not surprised. Ratings low.

30 rock isa mild surprise. I actually kind of like it but it needs some work in my opinion.

I thought 30 Rock was terrible. Was an immediate deletion from the DVR Schedule....maybe I was early.

I didn't see "Brian" on the list of renews....He was gonna get with the hot room mate too (the non blonde).

I thought 30 Rock was terrible. Was an immediate deletion from the DVR Schedule....maybe I was early.

I didn't see "Brian" on the list of renews....He was gonna get with the hot room mate too (the non blonde).

There has been no word on Brian yet. Doesn't look good.

CBS Renewal rumors

Zap2it ran the following story:

A rumored CBS schedule circulating on the eve of upfronts includes on-the-bubble comedies "How I Met Your Mother," "The New Adventures of Old Christine" and "Rules of Engagement."

The Hollywood Reporter confirms that CBS is likely to maintain a Monday night comedy block that includes third seasons of "HIMYM" and "Christine," as well as a second run of mid-season comedy "Rules." Those three would carry the night along with returning hit "Two and a Half Men," a move that would mean the end of "The Class" and would also suggest that none of CBS' new comedy pilots would be on the air in the fall.

FOR MORE CLICK HERE

Rules of Engagement was a ratings winner The Class was not. I am not sure why people watched it but they did.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)