2009 NBA Draft

Pistons trade Buddinger's rights to the Rockets for a future pick and cash.

Not a good trade, IMO. They let go of a guy who could speed up the rebuilding.

Houston, you got a draft steal.
I disagree. Budinger stinks. He was overrated his whole college career.

And with the final selection of this year's draft, the Miami Heat select Memphis' Robert Dozier, also known as:

1. Mr. Irrevalant

2. The guy on the back of Salsa's next Heat jersey

Thus concludes this year's NBA Draft.

Which teams are your biggest winners and losers in the 2009 Draft?

With the #30 pick, the Cleveland Cavaliers pick........ wait for it.......... Christian Eyenga from The Congo.....

RUH ROH!!!!!! WHO THE F* IS THIS?! ARE YOU KIDDING ME?! :mad::mad::mad:

And you thought I was pissed with last year's draft! Why do the Cavs draft projects when we are so close to be competing now!?

With Derrick Brown, Patrick Mills, Sam Young, Chase Budinger, Danny Green and Dejuan Blair for the taking, the Cavs pick some no-name from the freaking Congo?! Really?! Why?! Why? Why?!

To say I'm pissed is an understatement! Granted, I've never heard of this guy, but with so many big names left, why not draft one of the above I listed and wait untill the 2nd round to pick this Eyenga? This baffles my mind. Christian Eyenga?! Come on Ferry! Is this our punishment for trading for Shaq earlier this morning?! I can't wait for an explanation. It better be good, because I'm mad as hell!!!

Relax, my friend. Don't you remember how well DeSagana Diop worked out? :eek::eek::eek:

I was mad, too. I like Sam Young.

Look out Sabres. The Spurs are reloading. First they trade for Richard Jefferson and now they get Dejuan Blair and Jack McClinton, who is a lights out shooter. The Spurs are coming back. Nobody drafts like San Antontio.

You're right. The Spurs had another helluva draft. I can't believe how far Blair dropped.

The Miami Heat select Marcus Thornton.

As we speak, Salsa is out buying a jersey with his name on the back.

Nope. But from I read, he is a scorer with good leaps...and SEC Player of the Year. So there must be something there. SEC basketball may not be the best, but it is a VERY good basketball conference.

But your new GM pulled off some doozies last night too, huh?

How's that saying? The more things change, the more they stay the same....

This is a non-issue. Richardson and Milicic are both in the last year of their contract, neither one will affect the 2010 salary cap, and neither one is very good. What happens this year does not matter even a little.

It's all about 2010 my friend, it's all about 2010. Your Bosh/Lebron prediction just might come true, and we'll still have lots of money left for more...

;) ;) ;)

Sandra

It's all about 2010 my friend, it's all about 2010. Your Bosh/Lebron prediction just might come true, and we'll still have lots of money left for more...

;) ;) ;)

Sandra

Keep dreaming. When was the last high-profile free agent you signed? Face it, the NY Knicks franchise is no longer a sought after destination. BTW, I keep hearing whispers David Lee might be on the move soon.

Keep dreaming. When was the last high-profile free agent you signed? Face it, the NY Knicks franchise is no longer a sought after destination. BTW, I keep hearing whispers David Lee might be on the move soon.

Ah, but right there lies the key. Scott Layden was a below-average GM, not terrible, but not good with the cap. Of course Isiah's five year reign of terror made Layden look like a genius.

But that's all changed now.

This will be a free-agent destination in the future. Maybe or maybe not Lebron...I'm sure you don't know for sure, since Lebron probably doesnt' know for sure right now either. But either way this will be a great place to play in 2010.

This is still a storied franchise that plays in New York, at one of the most electric buildings in the league when the team is good.

The New York Giants were terrible for decades. They brought in a good GM, and the decades of mediocrity were quickly forgotten and replaced by championships.

Sandra

Ah, but right there lies the key. Scott Layden was a below-average GM, not terrible, but not good with the cap. Of course Isiah's five year reign of terror made Layden look like a genius.

But that's all changed now.

Sandra

You guys seem to be putting an awful lot of faith in Donnie Walsh huh?

Well, I wish the best of luck to you and your franchise. The league is better when the Knicks are relevant.

You guys seem to be putting an awful lot of faith in Donnie Walsh huh?

Well, I wish the best of luck to you and your franchise. The league is better when the Knicks are relevant.

Donnie Walsh is not Isiah. That says it all. Not sure if he's going to be a genius or anything (I'm OK if he is, though ;)), but if he's at least competent, New York will take care of the rest.

Remember all the discussions about passive crowds and the PA systems being used to fire up the crowds at playoff games this year? That's totally a non-issue at the Garden. The place ROCKS when the team is good, both the Knicks and the Rangers. If the PA system is making noise you don't know it, because it's drowned out by the fans.

Knick fans are salivating at the chance to do that again. Go ahead and pick on Darko Milicic if it makes you feel good. We'll see you in 2010...without Darko, but with... ;)

Sandra

Donnie Walsh is not Isiah. That says it all. Not sure if he's going to be a genius or anything (I'm OK if he is, though ;)), but if he's at least competent, New York will take care of the rest.

Remember all the discussions about passive crowds and the PA systems being used to fire up the crowds at playoff games this year? That's totally a non-issue at the Garden. The place ROCKS when the team is good, both the Knicks and the Rangers. If the PA system is making noise you don't know it, because it's drowned out by the fans.

Knick fans are salivating at the chance to do that again.Go ahead and pick on Darko Milicic if it makes you feel good. We'll see you in 2010...without Darko, but with... ;)

Sandra

See, I was trying to be nice by wishing you luck in turning around your franchise and you insist on getting in another shot. This type of attitude is why most people outside of NY despise fans like you. Your whole pompous attitude, thinking your city is such a dream destination and your sense of entitlement as a whole. :rolleyes:

How about you and your precious franchise try developing your OWN talent for a change instead of coveting what you don't have!

See, I was trying to be nice by wishing you luck in turning around your franchise and you insist on getting in another shot. This type of attitude is why most people outside of NY despise fans like you. Your whole pompous attitude, thinking your city is such a dream destination and your sense of entitlement as a whole. :rolleyes:

How about you and your precious franchise try developing your OWN talent for a change instead of coveting what you don't have!

What shot? You're the one who said the Darko trade was the biggest blunder of the night, and I've been defending Donnie Walsh ever since. Who is getting in the shots here?

Jeesh, talk about pompous...:rolleyes:

Sandra

What shot? You're the one who said the Darko trade was the biggest blunder of the night, and I've been defending Donnie Walsh ever since. Who is getting in the shots here?

Jeesh, talk about pompous...:rolleyes:

Sandra

Questioning a transaction is not "pompous".

Suggesting you are entitled to LeBron and that free-agents will come flocking to NY is.

Questioning a transaction is not "pompous".

Suggesting you are entitled to LeBron and that free-agents will come flocking to NY is.

Well we have to wait a year for the Summer of Lebron, so right now it's all conjecture. And there are a lot more great players available too, it's not just Lebron.

Sandra

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)