2011 DirecTV Package Channel Lists - Including Family & Select

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
thanks so much for the list. we are trying to decide between dish and direct and its hard to find an up t0 date list. dish does offer the hd access free and i was not aware that direct also offers it.

In fairness, I do post DirecTV programming and prices in Dish's forums. I let the poster choose what channels and packages work best. In these times, I think it is best to look at both providers to see which one offers what you want at the lower price:

I made a Dish comparison sheet of the lower packages: [Note: I put in the Feb. $5 increase prices.]
View attachment DishNetworkComparison.xls

Here are the DirecTV packages: View attachment channel_lineup.pdf

Here are the Dish Network channel lineup cards: TV Channel Lineup - Satellite Channels on DISH Network

Dish also has those HD only packages of Silver and Gold for $10 cheaper than the 200 and 250 packages respectively:
View attachment Focus On DISH Network HD.pdf

Please note that list came from Scott a while back. Disney (E), Disney XD, ABC Family, and ESPNews are currently not provided in HD due to a dispute. In addition, other members have said that msnbc is not included in HD-only packages.

I hope that helps you choose the best option in terms of price and channel lineup.
It also frustrates me that they do not advertise all packages and do not always update their lineup cards.
It honestly feels unfair to the consumer sometimes especially when you signed up for particular channels that are not actually there. However, they handle all that in the contracts.
Best of luck! :) Let us know how it goes.

You beat me to it Thank You. When my first year with Direct teaser expires in June. I'm busting Direct down to the family package and ordering bud channels I want. It will work out cheaper then keeping my big package with Direct. Plus with the C band stuff no rain fade this summer :D
Your Welcome!

You might think so if not for the fact that you can get only one channel for $5 ($4.42)/month. This is not a cost-conscious alternative at that rate.

It all depends how you look at it. If thats one channel you like the price is right. I have Choice Xtra with Direct. I watch a handful of channels. I never was one for the big package thing and been with Ala cart and mini packs with C band forever. Instead of paying $792.00 a year to watch it with Direct I can be paying SRL or Skyvision $53.00 a year. Who is the smart shopper? Plus with the savings I can add more or less what I want and still come out ahead. What the LSD providers and Cable need to do is offer ala-carte. But they refuse because the packages make them the tall $$$. Why pay for 500 channels of junk, watch say 5 and 99% of the pkg channels run infomercials all night long. IMO that's foolish.

Instead of paying $792.00 a year to watch it with Direct I can be paying SRL or Skyvision $53.00 a year. Who is the smart shopper?
I guess it is the one that doesn't believe that they can get a handful of channels that don't include locals for $53/year total all in.

It doesn't hurt that you've already invested many hundreds of dollars in hardware that creates lots of shade for the privilege.

I have the hardware so it's payed for. Anyone can scrounge c band systems for pennies on the dollar these days. So it can be a good addition to some that want it and can have it. DirecTV, and Dish Network have there place, I'm not knocking Direct (Dish thats another story). They are just cable from the sky though. So your locked into the cable rules. High prices big packages. With a big dish you have a bit more control not only over subscription channels but free channels that can be anything including many channels one pays for on the pizza systems and cable. The more options and choice the better :)

I have the hardware so it's payed for. Anyone can scrounge c band systems for pennies on the dollar these days.
You're trying to build a case for C-band as an alternative for those who can't afford various forms of "cable" but you haven't made much of a case. Even at pennies on the dollar, C-band equipment is still expensive to site and install. Supporting multiple TVs isn't particularly effortless and while it isn't as bad as the old days, the feature sets of the equipment certainly aren't on a par with what consumers have come to expect.

since the thread has seemed to kinda get off topic I broke off the original post (well copied it) and stickied it with a link to the discussion thread (this one)

You're trying to build a case for C-band as an alternative for those who can't afford various forms of "cable" but you haven't made much of a case. Even at pennies on the dollar, C-band equipment is still expensive to site and install. Supporting multiple TVs isn't particularly effortless and while it isn't as bad as the old days, the feature sets of the equipment certainly aren't on a par with what consumers have come to expect.

actually its not. Now with the subscription services all on one satellite (W5 at 105W) if folks want to buy a brand new dish for $70 (or find one) you can fix point it at 105W and be set. Most of the 6 foot dishes sold have a fixed mount for it so no need to bury a dish

ON the other side its an alternative to getting a bunch of channels for a higher price. Lots of folks only watch a handful of channels besides OTA stuff

Ice is right that for subscription programming at this time all one needs is a 6 foot dish pointed at AMC-18. You can get a whole package with all you need here: Skyvision Satellite Equipment You are able to pick and choose services unlike the big players and have NO rain fade and NO contracts.

Some people don't like contracts or want one. I hate them but entered into one since Direct forced it on me. I have rain fade issues with Direct in the summer with the big storms that roll through. I never had any weather issues with C band. I like the way I can pick my channels also with the pick 10 package from SRL. The small dish and cable provider can learn a lot of what people want from the c band model. They on the other hand don't want to do that since in there minds they will loose millions in profits. They have brainwashed people into the structure they use and as long as people keep accepting it. It will remain the norm.

Will be fixed in the next update, if Directv ever adds any channels again. 2011 has been a VERY quiet year so far.

I went to Select about a month ago and have to say I am not missing much. I thought I would miss SyFy but they really don't have much on now. I've got all the Eureka and Stargate reruns anyone could possibly ask for on Netflix. And when Mad Men starts back up I can get watch it on Amazon. Added the Sports Pack so I get everything I want there.

Cleaning up my favorites list last night and I noticed I'm getting channels that are not on the list for Select. Fox Movie channel, Chiller, Nat Geo and Nat Geo Wild, the Military channel and Boomerang. There were others too but those were the ones that stood out for me. Anyone else seeing these additions?

Do they still offer the Family Package? I can't find it on their website. Thanks.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)